Y&R: Week of October 27, 2008

• Members

Lol I have faith in my boy. I don't want him to be a goody two shoes but I think deep down that he's just an injured boy who needs real love. His mom was the only one who gave it to him and now that she's gone he's totally lost.

Heather is just blah to me. I hope he doesn't end up with her. Lily could be interesting. Or Colleen (Either AL or TS work for me).

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

God almighty. Nelson's so right about recasting those girls.

Love Nikki to death right now. Also, love how all of the characters have been cunning recently. I think that was a major problem under LML. Everyone was a complete moron.

Finally, Jack and Adam and Sharon are delicious. Tuesday's episode had me salivating. And Sharon hadn't suddenly been pissed with Jack. This has been building since the Sabrina article. she specifically told him no more lying then. But all these little things built up. When Jack went to Mexico, Phyllis lay that sheet of suspicion and insecurity down about his whereabouts, the credit card company called about the Motel charge, then seeing Adam yell at Jack for being a snake and Jeffrey whispering about the deal. It's all slowly been adding up for Sharon. She didn't say nothing over the last couple of months because, as she said, she wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. I hope this is enough. I'm sick of Jack whining to Sharon about how important she is to him. My God, if she was, you'd respect her enough to not lie to her. Bastard. I hate Jack. God damn him!!

<sigh>

I guess I'm in the minority in saying I love the Victor storyline. And I love that I actually hate Heather. She's not a pit-bull in my book. She's a friggin pest. But I love that the character's gotten this reaction out of me rather than the actress, which is more than I can say for other actresses on the show. I hope she continues to be a thorn on the Newman's side because it lends the show an air of realism and culpability.

Y&R got me thinking how strange it is that I do root for the wealthy snobs who make up this show. In general, I'd always side with Heather for stopping them for getting away with whatever they want because of their money. But not in this case. It's a strange feeling to feel for rich people.

• Members

I agree

Actually, hasn't this been building since the Senate race? I remember Sharon being disgusted with him even then.

A few of us like the Victor story. I haven't seen him this vulnerable ever...and that is also interesting. He's not "weak" vulnerable, he is build-a-wall vulnerable...and that is totally in character. I agree about Heather, too. She makes me want to throw my shoes at the TV...and that's not a bad thing! Sanctimonious, holier-than-though b*tches can be AMAZING soap villainesses (from an older generation, think of Enid Nelson from All My Children). I view this as a terrific writing choice. The actress is not superb, but I feel she will strengthen and strengthen. Let's put it this way...there are some MUCH weaker actresses currently on the canvas!

I thought the same thing yesterday. I WANT these spoiled Newmans to get the better of law enforcement. What I don't know is WHY. It's not like they're nice people :). It's just that law enforcement is SO ridiculous on this case!

• Members

That was the BIG issue I had with LML, everyone was so f**king stupid and sincere and just...agenda driven. It was bullsh*t.

And I have ALWAYS been on the side of the rich, every soap, every time. The lone exception was Bobbie Spencer on GH, but then she was aspiring to wealth...I don't know what it is about soaps, Y&R in particular, but regardless of how good people are...if they're rich...I give them a pass.

Does that make me a terrible person?

• Members

Today wa such fun. Phyllis-Nick-Sharon, Jill-Kay-Amber...all brought the comedy.

Meanwhile, Marge-Murph were surprisingly interesting (I'm wondering if Murph might be the start of a long-term romance for Kay...a "rich woman, poor man" story). I like the Sharon-Brad scenes too...I find they DO have a chemistry.

The young-set tomorrow looks like fun.

• Members

That Senate race fiasco was in 2007, yes? I've blocked that year completely from my mind so I can't remember any subtle remarks or brief exchanges during that period. Sorta like LML slipped me some ruffies and I woke up December 2007...

Oh man, totally GET that building the wall/vulnerability side of Victor! So awesomely written. Also, sanctimonious is great. But I always have to remember that Heather's actions are a lot more base than that since she does hate the Newmans for how they mistreated Adam. The writers tend to go with her "Law enforcement will rectify all" angle for those scenes, which is a shame because vengeance is always fun to watch on soaps. So, if they could blend that in, I'd enjoy it all the more... not that I'm not loving it now LOL.

But, yeah, Vail's a great bitch that definitely needs time to mold her craft. She ain't there yet.

• Members

OMG, I got so pissed at the VILE Jenny Humphrey on Gossip Girl last season because she did all these desperate things to become popular (Bobbie's equivalent, I suppose). Meanwhile, I'm jonesing for the ever-popular Blair and her more devious machinations to destroy Jenny. So, I totally don't think you're a terrible person LOL.

• Members

Let's not lower Bobbie Spencer by comparing her to Jenny Humphrey of Gossip Girl...Bobbie was never desperate, she saw what she wanted and she went right ahead and got it.

But yeah, I am always on the side of the rich, powerful and devious...usually because they have a sense of humor and are nobody's fool!

So there, we are not terrible people.

• Administrator

I enjoyed the episode too. Billy's line to Chloe and Amber's line to Colleen were funny. LOL

Yeah, she was good. Great scenes with Karen and Neil.

I also liked Eden and Noah's scenes. I'm starting to like this young couple in the making. Can't wait to see them in Paris.

Archived