AMC: Thursday, October 9, 2008

• Members

Babe can't die fast enough.

Colby. I wasn't a big fan of Ambyr's but I thought she really grew as an actress. My understanding is that recast her so they could go with Colby/Frankie. They wisely didn't go that route. They won't ever bring Ambyr back (although they should). But still they should probably cut their losses with this actress.

Taylor/Frankie are a really good pair.

Rylee is puke inducing.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OK, I don't know how they're going to get Annie out of this one. But it's a soap, so they will.

With the disclaimer that I liked Rylee 1.0 (ducks), I just wish that the tornado would suck up Aiden and Rylee would ride off into the sunset when Rebecca exercises her one-year option. That would be half the suxtet gone.

The best thing going right now could be BE as Taylor. Loved her stuff with the meeting today. I like that they're taking this slow, but I feel like I'm getting chunks rather than an arc.

Feeling bad for Amanda, the character. And a bit sad for Amanda Baker, the actress. She never worked as "Babe." (But she didn't irritate the crap out of me like SS's Greenlee) However, AB has been around for a year and has obviously developed some friendships on the show. Those tears seem real, baby.

I won't say anything more about Colby other than, "ugh."

• Members

I thought it was a great show. Of course, I skipped the Greenlee/Ryan/Aidan scenes. :D

I thought the scenes in the shrink's office were terrific. What a slime bucket though (the shrink). Melissa Claire Egan is rocking the show these days.

I also loved Frankie/Taylor. They are a good duo, and I really like Beth Ehlers in this role.

• Members

I :wub: Jake and Amanda too. I was glad he was there for her today, she needed a shoulder to cry on. Jake is right, Amanda is beautiful on the inside and out.

I do wish that Jake could actually have some dramatic scenes though. He's hasn't had much to since Pratt took over. Where is his backstory about Darfur? And why are we having to see Taylor in the same storyline that was promised for Jake when he returned to Pine Valley? Uggg, I 'd really like to know what is making Jake tick, why he won't tell anyone about what happened to him (and Carolyn) in Darfur... Honestly, at this point, Jake has been home almost six months, and we don't know much at all about him at all. :blink:

• Members

I loved the episode--just lotsa great little soap moments. But yeah the Shrink thing is questionable--legally he can't divulge stuff in court without her agreement (not to mention havign Zach watch).

Lone--those are good points about Jake but honestly they don't bug me yet--I feel like we will get them addressed--slowly and I like getting to know his character form how he interacts with others (and Ricky's obvious adlibs like calling his pager his antique, etc)

It's not like what seems ot have happened with Kathy's story...

• Members

I loved the scene where Annie broke the two-way mirror.

I can't believe it - but I'm starting to like Rylee together. There is a sad, subtle vibe to it that kind of gets to my heart.... !

Amanda Baker's tears were real - you could tell that. It was her Fusion goodbye scene.

I caught the show last night on Soapnet and they played a tornado preview. It looks pretty good. Can't wait for next week!

• Members

Yeah, I thought that, too. It felt like Amanda saying goodbye, not Babe.

Having said that -- this made me want to smash my TV set:

Babe: Here's my letter of resignation. This will show that Fusion is taking steps to correct matters, and I also want you to put out a press release putting the blame on me for pushing the product through, despite knowledge I had about potential problems.

Oh, Babe! So self-sacrificing! Is there nothing she wouldn't do for her "friends" at Fusion? Is the woman a saint in sexy stockings or what? :rolleyes:

Little A is the cutest child that ever did dimple! I love the way he interacts with his screen parents -- and those scenes with David Canary on Wednesday were adorable and heartbreaking.

I got chills when Annie panicked and smashed the two-way mirror. I think that the shrink's evidence is going to be inadmissable in court because he trapped her at the behest of a third party. Was Zach shown paying him off or something? Anyway, it was illegal and the fact that Zach was listening in made things even worse. It's not like he's a cop on The Wire!

Not feeling Rylee but then again, I never have. I will give the actors kudos for trying to seel the "romance" and the director for way he filmed it. However, Dynamite Kiddo & the Green Butterfly? Please, no! The only part I am liking about this story is the fact that Aidan bugged the earrings. :lol: And listened in on Jake and Amanda's loud kissing.

Taylor is growing on me. The shots of Brot's funeral flag, the bronzes of his baby shoes, the small photos of him growing up and in his dress uniform seemed very real and very moving.

• Members

Honestly? It was filmed in such a way that I couldn't make out Brot's face. I thought there was one photo where he looked white, but he could have just been wearing beige pants. :lol:

BTW, BE and CS have a great chemistry. Not romantic, necessarily -- but it's clear how much Frankie cares for Taylor.

• Members

I thought Amanda Baker's Fusion goodbye scenes were well done, however having Babe "self sacrifice" herself was a little blah. I'm sad to see Babe go.....not so much Amanda.

*sigh*

Oh what I'd give for a short return by Alexa so we can have great Babe/JR and Babe/Bianca flashbacks :wub:

Archived