GH 5.2

GL 4.8

AW 3.1

LOV 2.2

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know, Eric. I was thinking this the other day. Currently Y&R would kill to get what AMC had regularly "back in the day." When I first started watching AMC (1990), Y&R was regularly in the 8s and AMC was usually 2nd in the 6s. Sigh...

• Members

I started watching AMC in late 91--and started buying SODs prob the next year (even as an 11 year old boy--or especially as an 11 year old boy--I wsa too embarassed to buy them myself so my mom would lol) and just got so used to alwayss eeing MY soap as number two (and at the time it was prob getting more critical love and awards than Y&R)--i remember around 95 or 96 when Days suddenly passed it and it was lower--I couldn't believe it. It felt surreal to me lol

And my other show Loving ALWAYS at the bottom--but of course now with a higher rating than many soaps

• Members

Comings & goings from that issue.

COMINGS

AW

Steve Barton - Bailey Thompson,chief of physical therapy at Bay City hospital

DOOL

Paige and Ryanne Kettner - Abby Deveraux (the twins turn 4 on Jan 21,1995)

GL

Cynthia Watros - Annie Dutton,recurring as a nurse at Cedars

LOV

Susan Pratt - Elizabeth Barnes,a socialite who attends the Aldens' holidy bash Dec 22. Ex Barbara/AMC,Anne/GH,Claire/GL

Y&R

Terry Davis - Erin,Jack's personal shopper. Ex Stacey/AW,Madeleine/SB,April/EON

Christine McCall - Jeri Paulsen,Cole's book editor

Anthony Pena - Miguel Rodriguez,now on contract

GOINGS

ATWT

Holly Cate - Janice Maxwell,leaving in Jan

Nicolas Coster -Eduardo Grimaldi.soap vet says he was fired and will leave in Feb."It was their choice.It might have been mutual had I been consulted"

DOOL

Meghan and Michael Nelson - Abby Deveraux.Show is aging the character.

GH

Beverlee McKinsey - Myrna Slaughter.Departs Dec 22

Kristina Wagner -Felicia Jones. On maternity leave.

GL

Morgan Englund - Dylan Shayne Lewis. Last air date Jan 3,leaves to attend school for the blind.

LOV

Krista Bonura - Alexis Masters. Mom confirms 6 year old has been fired.

Q What was the best thing that happened to your show in 94?

GH Wendy Riche exec producer

"1994 was a year of completion and a new beginnig for GH.When I came to the show two and a half years ago,it was my objective to bring the best talent in TV to GH - a dream team of writers,producers,performers,directors and crew - to deliver memorable stories and extraordinary performances.Their collabarative effort is bringing the patient and loyal GH fans a well crafted show about romance,mystery,adventure,humor and heart."

AMC Felicia Behr exec producer

"Certainly some highpoints included winning the Emmy,the success of the tornado episodes and the addition of some wonderful new cast members. But i must mention that a very significant event was the loss of our beloved Frances Heflin(Mona)."

OLTL Susan Bedsow Horgan exec producer

"The winning of 4 well deserved Emmys which is the most nominations the show has ever received and the most ever won by the show".

B&B Brad Bell headwriter/supervising producer

"The material starting with Brooke and Ridge's wedding,going through their honeymoon and when they got to Prince Omar's palace,where taylor was being held. I think that was our best material-not only this year,but in a long time".

more to come...

• Members

DOOL Ken Corday exec producer

"The Maison Blance storyline. The interweaving of the John/Kristen/Tony,Marlena/Roman/Stefano and Bo/Billie provided a month or more of riveting viewing. Maison Blanche was the culmination of several of our storylines and the birth of new ones. it was high Gothic,wonderful romance and definitely the highlight of the year for DOOL".

ATWT Laurence Caso exec producer

"The new story direction that our writers have created gives us much to look forward to. along the ay,we supplemented our already impressive cast with Brooke alexander(Sam)Jason biggs(Pete)Claire Bloom(Orlena)Shawn Christian(Mike)Ellen Dolan(Margo) and Maragaret Reed(Shannon).Also,the renewed interest in our fan club,which was largely spearheaded by our No 1 fan,Frances Nonamacher".

Y&R Kay Alden Co-head writer

"In terms of ensuring the health and future of Y&R,I'd say the best thing that's happened this year was the influx of teenagers on the show. Now Y&R is covered across the board".

AW Terri Guarnieri exec producer

"1994 was a year of change and positioning for the future of AW:Jensen Buchanan's return,the continued excellent work of our actors and the addition of new characters".

Archived