AMC: Babe Spoiler from TV Guide Canada

• Members

You see I disagree there. I think that's why so many people never bought the St. Babe routine.... I mean she was a proud whore when she first came on. Why did they just sweep that under the rug. They tried to put halos on both Krystal and Babe after such horrendous actions. Babe as a scheming slutty whore was more entertaining than St. "I did it out of love" Babe.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No argument there. I agree. I liked them MUCH better as white trash outsiders trying to get their "piece of the pie".

This sanitization that is required GENRE-WIDE is infuriating. Look no further than that G character over on GL. Or hell, even Greenlee and Kendall on AMC. They haven't been themselves in YEARS. I'm all for character evolution, but those are just blatant "sweeps under the rug"!

• Members

I could have bought Babe's redemption if I really believed she gave a [!@#$%^&*] about any of the people she hurt. It was always, always, about what was best for her. What made things easier for her. Who she could use to get what she wanted. She literally ripped Bianca's heart and flaunted that child around her at every turn, and did it with a smile. She made Bianca godmother to her own child, knowing the whole time that it was Bianca's daughter. And that's after she held Bianca while she mourned a child that Babe held in her arms everyday.

She never owned up to anything, and always wanted to people to think she was a victim. Yeah, I know, Paul Kramer really was the bad guy. But as far as I'm concerned, he only took Miranda, Babe was the one who kept her.

As a David fan, I gotta tell you, I'd never forgive Babe for treating him the way she did. He sold out Bianca, the only real, pure, honest relationship he had, his life line after Leora...for Babe, for no other reason then because she was his blood. And she spit on him. Treated him like something she stepped on. Only ever talked to him or had anything to do with him when she needed him to help her, and then she tossed him aside. Not only did she know what he gave up losing Bianca and Miranda, she didn't care.

She used and felt like she was owed and that as long as she was happy in the end, everything was always justified.

I hope she dies. I won't miss her, and I'll think it's 5 years to late.

• Members

Absolutely. It didn't work. Sorry, writers. One episode of "insta-redemption" doesn't work for the audience. Just ask Josh Madden. Or Todd Manning. Or Krystal Carey Chandler. Or Carly Corinthos. Or G/Grady/Gillespie/whatever his name is. The list of flawed characters redeemed by one contrived conversation over a couple scenes goes on and on...

• Members

C'mon--if nuBabe bites the dust, the minute it's convenient to bring the character back with Alexa as the 'original' Babe, they'll do so and give us some convoluted amnesia/hiding from baddies/mistaken identity storyline that is just as cliched as an out-of-nowhere death.

Archived