Y&R: Adam Spumor

• Members

Well people. In SOW's "Crazy Rumors of the Week" section for 9.23 issue there's a blurb that Adam will start abusing Heather!! :angry::angry:

I won't like this at all if it turns out to be true. It may end up being a compelling story, but Adam & Heather are my fave couple on Y&R and this will destroy them. Again, we have to consider the source but they did have GL's Reva pregnancy in this same section a few weeks ago....

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's not like it would be out of left field if Adam did start abusing Heather because he's done it before already in a way. A few weeks ago he kinda grabbed her when she went after the letter Victor wrote him. And he has yelled at her for no reason too so the steps have been put in place. And it's also a nod to Heather's history with her abusive step-father. I think this could be a good s/l to see how Heather would deala with the situation. Will she try to get help or think that if she loves him enough he'll change.

• Members

I agree that this will be bad, for Adam as a character individually and for the couple. I don't see how they could redeem Adam or salvage the relationship if they go there. And even if Heather's transformation from victim to survivor makes her stronger, do we really need to throw away a potential long-term relationship for something probably short-term like that?

• Members

I was chatting with a friend the other day about how good the Y&R was and she asked, "how long before Adam starts abusing Heather? He's showing classic abuser behavior." I thought that would be a little out there, but it would make for a compelling story.

• Members

IF this is happening, there's definitely been a good set-up for it. I wouldn't mind it at all.

Some of you act as if Adam and Heather are a core couple of something. They have chemistry, but they don't have a long and complicated history.

The only thing is, Vail Bloom is an incredibly weak actress, and so is Chris Engen (though he's better than her IMO). I shutter to think how she'd handle the really gritty and emotional scenes from a storyline like this.

• Members

I agree. She is the child of an abusive household (stepfather) with father absence.

He has said to her once that he didn't care how she felt...his needs were paramount. Then, with the letter-from-Victor, he grabbed her.

I DO NOT want it to go this way...but if they show him as an abuser AND THEN HAVE HIM GO THROUGH EARNEST RECOVERY...that would be a place daytime has never really gone before.

But I don't want to see this :)

Archived