Y&R: Chloe IS ******'s Daughter!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't really see a problem with this. I understand how some fans can be upset about the fact that Esther or Katherine have no idea, but it's a soap.

Anyway, I can't wait to see more of Esther. I'm sure that we'll see some great scenes as a result of this.

Here's two quotes from the article I loved...

• Members

I love this.

Chloe could have changed her appearance, which is Katherine doesn't notice her. And with all the dizzy spells Kay has been having, this could also tie into her mental health. Anyways, FINALLY Kate is back in town, and Esther will be seen, and the Chancellors will have some story.

Again, it sucks that this was leaked though.

• Members

I've watched this show for almost 30 years and can believe that Katherine would have never bothered to think twice about Kate. Maybe they mentioned her a few times when she was an infant but she has not been a frequently mentioned character by either Katherine or Esther who has been missing for ages. They rarely mention Brock or Mackenzie either and Katherine has blood ties to them. Where do so many find this great caring character in Katherine?

• Members

Well, for the most part I'd say Kay is written as caring. She would take her godmother responsibilities seriously, and she DID pay to send Kate to a good boarding school.

Honestly, I think that Kay would recognize Kate. BUT...that is a suspension of belief we have to engage in for this story to work. As Brimike said, this is obviously a ret-con.

But SOMETIMES a retcon can be delicious. For me, this is such a case. Like Victor's vasectomy, they'll do SOME explanation for why nobody recognized Kate. It will be another thing to swallow...but if the explanation is plausible, and the story is good, we can get past this. I'm optimistic.

Esther and Jill--related by marriage. I cannot think of a more delicious premise.

• Members

Still don't see the big deal. It's not like Esther was some major character. I'm just happy that the writers are sort of thinking creatively again. Besides when was the last time Katherine even mentioned seeing Kate as an adult? I would be far more upset if Esther and Cloe had previously met, but Katherine, not so much. And I agree with BadZoe that Katherine is not the most caring character lol. I'd give that honour to someone like John Abbott, or Liz Foster.

• Members

When Kevin came to town, he was just supposed to be used for the story with Lily. The EPs and HW at the time then retconned him to being Michael's brother because the two men favored each other.

It can work if done right, and I'm looking forward to it.

• Members

It seems to me that some people are pissed that Chloe is being given more motivation to her actions than just taking Saint Lilly's Taken Man. I think this twist is great and shows that since the Vasectomy debacle, the writers are now looking into the shows history. In this history they have found a long forgotten child of a legacy character and decided to introduce a family for Chloe which is being requested by her fans. What is the big deal?

• Members

No.

Some People are pissed cause EH is a good enough actress to not NEED such unnecessary propping & it's completely disrespectful to longtime viewers.

The big deal is rampant disrespect of legacy characters to unnecessarily prop a talented newbie.

Archived