CBS Television: New daytime show with Leah Remini

• Members

Leah Remini, CBS eye daytime show

'King of Queens' star is a contender for syndication

By Kimberly Nordyke Aug 14, 2008, 12:00 AM ET

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/television/news/e3i6e7defe28b82d056d13c378619daf292#

Leah Remini is throwing her hat into the daytime ring.

The former "King of Queens" star is developing a concept for a daytime show with CBS Television Distribution, sources said. Details are closely guarded, but it's believed that the parties are not necessarily thinking along the lines of a traditional talk show. The project is being eyed for a fall 2009 launch. CBS declined comment.

Remini is the latest personality to emerge as a contender for syndication next season as distributors ramp up their development slates. For its part, CBS also is working on separate talk show projects with Valerie Bertinelli and Bishop T.D. Jakes ("Woman Thou Art Loosed").

Also among the projects rumored or confirmed to be in the works for fall 2009 are a syndicated version of Fox's "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?" at Twentieth TV; "Dr. Oz," with Harpo Prods., and a talker featuring Marissa Jaret Winokur at Sony; a talker hosted by Food Network personality Paula Deen at Warner Bros.; and a talk show hosted by Marie Osmond at Program Partners.

Remini, repped by WMA and 3 Arts, co-starred on the CBS sitcom "Queens" for nine seasons and recently appeared in the MSN online series "In the Motherhood," an adaptation of which is being developed at ABC.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thank you for sharing! So NOW we know what Guiding Light will be replaced with. CBS now needs to continue to grind GL into ashes...a rating of 0.5...so that nobody misses the show when CBS does its' deed.

Do you think this means GL will be cancelled in Spring 2009, with the Remini/Bertinelli show debuting in Fall 2010?

• Members

It definitely sounds like a GL possibility to me, especially since GL airs at 10 AM here in NYC/NJ/CT.

I always liked her as a supporting actress and a comedienne, but I don't know if she has the chops to pull off her own show, and as much as it pains me to admit it, I just can't get past the Scientology stigma. I know I shouldn't let that affect me, but it does.

• Members

Ha, more like love of obsessing over stars spilling into my real life so i have soemthing to dicsuss with them. LOL. Tho when i met katie holesm all we discussed was 'OMG! PACEY+JOEY 4evahHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" lol.

And why would i do that? You are not old... like.. at all.

Young and fun and not even 21 like me, not, but old? not that either.

• Members

Is it a church? A cult? A lifestyle? A manufacturer of vitamins? Not making fun, I am just honestly confused.

(And every time I think about Scientology, I get visions of Tom Cruise jumping up and down on Oprah's sofa).

• Members

True. But I was driving when you were still in diapers. That scares me.

You live in La-La Land. So you get a free pass. God only knows what I would be interested in at 20 if I grew up in Southern California. I'd probably have been right there with you. So who the hell am I to judge? ;P

• Members

True enough, AMS. But that doesn't rule it out. CBS Distribution might decide to air it on certain CBS affiliates.

I'm not saying GL will be outright canceled, but much like PC and The City, many affiliates may just stop airing GL if they feel they can get better demos with a talk show.

Archived