I can't make any sense out of Valerie/Hayley's "grifting conquests" from the past. Assuming she's receiving an "eight figure mansion" from Bill Hamilton, that's at least $10 million in assets. If she sold the house, invested the proceeds, and earned 8% from her brokerage account, she'd be living off $800,000 per year, which would put her well into the "top 1%".
If she's done this three or four times in the past -- with even bigger payouts than she's getting from Bill -- wouldn't she be "retired" by now, with an annual cashflow stream well into the millions??
Hayley's LACK of money in the bank makes even less sense to me than Leslie Thomas's seemingly bottomless pit of cash. Sometimes I catch myself wondering if Hayley loaned all her grifted funds to Leslie, lol.
Nobody in the writer's room seems to have any sort of financial background. We're supposed to just wave it away, I guess.
By
Broderick ·
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.