July 21-25, 2008

Toups

• Members

No. Viewers reported seeing commercials on E!. So, I think the television promos went further than CBS daytime.

Did they do any print promotion this time? I know they did for OOTA...but I didn't see any print this time.

If SON _was_ the exclusive genesis on online promos, then YOU DO deserve credit Toups.

This is worth investigating, because it could have REAL implications for your ad value.

ETA: I am very surprised that promos worked. PROMOS NEVER WORK any more. Therefore, I am of the opinion that something different--e.g., viral marketing originating with SON--made the different. And since I am so shocked, I think this is REALLY worthy of investigation.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Webmaster

Prior to our change over to YouTube towards the actual airing of Sudden Impact, the videos shown on the SON server were viewed 29,555 times collectively. We changed over to YouTube promos and ceased posting on the website server on Thursday, July 24.

• Members

Do people actually watch E!? Was there actually an E! commercial, or is that just hearsay?

Well, let's just say the data analyst in me is ITCHING to know some hard 'hit' numbers and to do the experiment. The vicarious entrepreneurial spirit in me wishes, for you, to aggressively claim the Sudden Impact victory as yours, and to use it for your success.

Errol, you obviously have some contact with marketing at CBS (for your countdown). So, I hope you're conversing about this :-).

• Webmaster

I'll give you that, but how much of the people that saw the promos on E! actually tuned in because of the promo airing there? Let CBS spin that, lol...wait they don't spin anything! lmao

Thank you Mark, lol. I'm actually working on some stuff in that area ;)

• Webmaster

Think of it this way, collectively more people tuned into Days of our Lives last week, but the amount of households tuning in did not change. Simply put, more people stayed home (or recorded the show and watched later) to watch DAYS with a group of people than they did the week prior.

Archived