SOD: ATWT - Two returns

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think you can blame the vision of the show when it was Grayson's choice to leave. I don't think they expected him to return this soon if at all. And there was a writer's strike going on when he decided to leave. At least he's returning in a story that involves James, the master of return from the dead stories lol.

• Members

That is the good part. We have two men with history from the past returning. James not being a real Stenbeck. And Dusty being the son of the real Stenbeck heir....Gunar Stenbeck. I am assuming James is holding Dusty somewhere.

• Members

I saw ATWT for the first time today in about a year -- I was home visiting my mom who's been watching since 1963! (I've been watching since 1977, but decided to take a break.) Anyway, I saw the mysterious poisoning and after it was Emily, Meg (but Barbara necklace), Alison, etc. I told her this seems like classic James Stenbeck! (I assumed that he would never come back.) I may have to start watching again. BTW -- Soapsuds -- Love the Gunnar/Dusty/James connection. Thanks for remembering history! This might get me to tune in again.

• Members

I too think James's return is being worked in even as we speak.

From what I've read, Rick Decker is somehow connected to Sofie....and with the targets of the poisoning (Meg/Paul's wife; Emily/James's ex-lover; Chris/Barbara's cousin; Alison/Emily's sister; etc.) it just makes me think that James has a part in all this myserious posioning stuff.

• Members

I believe the poisoning is all Rick Decker. Meg wasn't even a target. Barbara loaned her the necklace for her wedding in the hospital and it was meant for Barbara and not Meg. Barbara was in the looney bin with Decker and messed up his escape plans.

When Decker was first in town he tried to kill Alison and Chris rescued her. Emily was suspicious of Decker and along with Hal was investigating when Decker was with Susan. It all relates to the history of when we last saw Decker. I don't believe James is a part of it at all especially since the story ends about 2 weeks before James returns. I've also only seen speculation from posters that there is any connection between Sofie and Decker. I doubt there really is.

• Members

Is Dusty really needed? I watched a small bit around his death and he felt kind of pointless and was floating around.

When Dusty returns, what will they do with him? Put him with Lily? I think a pairing with Noelle Beck's Lily might work bc she seems and looks more youthful, vibrant and has more sex appeal than MB. I didnt see any chemistry between her Lily and Dusty and Lily looked more like a fool. Maybe he will work with the recast

Archived