B&B: Who hates Bridget? And Why?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't mind Ashley Jones, but yeah, the character has been written as very weak and it might be time for her to stop going for her mother's cast-offs. LOL!

Another thing, Bridget is young, yet she's married to the Crypt Keeper and she's so dang serious all that time. She needs to lighten up, have some fun and hook up with someone her age for a change. Nothing against May/December couples, just that this instance is stale. The last time I enjoyed her was last summer when that guy involved in the egg switcheroo story had that infatuation with her. LOL!

• Members

I don't mind Bridget but she's lost every ounce of personality since Jennifer Finnigan left. No offense to Ashley Jones but Bridget was never ever given much of anything to do since Jones came aboard, leaving her with very little to act. I feel no connection to Bridget what-so-ever. And again, no fault of Jones but Bridget was almost non-existent since Finnigan left and Jones took over. Bridget has no real direction, or development or characterization. That's just shitty writing.

• Members

I don't hate the character so much as I dislike the direction she's been taken in, especially since they brought her back with Ashley Jones in the role. Starting AJ off with a revisit of the "Ridget" pairing wasn't a good idea, IMO, since that was widely unpopular to begin with. Then they threw her into an instant romance with Nick, who also shared history with her mom. So while that didn't have the incestuous overtones of Ridget, it was another triangle with her, Brooke and a man, which might have brought back the bad memories of Brooke's affair with Deacon. Now she's back with Nick again, yet they've thrown the rushed instant romance with Katie in to complicate things, so it's more deja vu.

• Members

JF's Bridget had a brain and learnt from her mistakes. AJ's Bridget is an imbecile. Of course, I don't blame AJ for that - Bell is the problem here.

Don't throw rocks, but I'm actually rooting for Nicket to work out... :unsure:

• Members

...to be honest, the character started to go downhill by spring 2003 with Ridge&Bridget. Then, they paired the devine Jennifer Finnigan with Brian FugYourself Gaskill/Ozzy and I really started to wonder WTF!? are they doing to this character. Too bad Ashley Jones has suffered from much worse pairings and stories. She's doing the best she can do with such material which shows what a great actress she is.

But the writing is far too conflicting for me to still like Bridget. After being a doormat for everyone (Brooke! Felicia! Brooke! Now Katie...) to trample on the only logic consequence would be a real mental breakdown.

And Ashley Jones could play that. She was beyond amazing during her CSI: NY guest stint. She totally nailed her part and gave Melina Kanakaredes (I will never learn how to spell her name LOL) and Gary Sinise a run for their much higher income...

Archived