AMC: New Media Net Pics

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Who the heck cares (re: The Emmy thing). It's a marketing and promotions department. I think it's some kind of law that marketing execs. need to be deceptive and bend the truth. It's what they do. Now, It's not as if RPG and BE are going on about their Emmy wins. And I don't understand why a department independent from AMC is causing people to react in ways like "OMG! How smug of them! I hope they flop!" Get over it.

• Members

I hope they do bomb and bomb bad!!! ABC should know this doesn't work...they tried with SN and MBE on General Hospital and you all see where they ended up...not at ABC and back home on DAYS. I will watch to see BE's first day but after that I am done! I was a huge fan of Beth's when she was on GL, one of my favorite storylines were of her and Josh together after Reva "died" in the early 90s. I remember her burning Reva's clothes with Sarah in the house...classic GL. But she has shoved her foot so far up in her mouth with her COUNTLESS interviews about why she left GL and how she just couldn't see Harley without Gus and that there was no future for Harley if Gus wasn't there...BULLSHIT! This woman has populated Springfield, she has been married to three Spaulding men...all of Alan's sons, mind you...plus having a marriage to Mallet an affair with Rick. She is the mother of a Lewis, a Bauer and a Spaulding...last time I checked major, leading (should be leading in the Bauer case) families in this town. The Cooper clan is now a cornerstone of "LIGHT," a family was built around Harley and Frank...and she talks about how Gus was the be all and end all...please, shut up! If that is how you feel then fine...move on just know that I won't watch you anymore. Have some respect for your fans and the show that made you a daytime star! Show some class about you for God's sake. AMC/ABC can have them...I hope they fail and fail miserably and after the fact there is no where for them to go...it's outrageous. And I beg of GL not to kill Harley, because I don't need them to stroke her already big ego anymore, "They knew I was the only actress who could play Harley, so they had to kill the character," is not a statement I need to hear!!!

Sorry...end of rant!!

Sorry not end of rant....

BE and RPG are not Emmy winners...sorry since when does an online fan poll make you an Emmy award winner? Please!! If they wanted to promote it, since RPG is already on AMC and has been they should promote BE's arrival...she is afterall the only actress in daytime history to have two Younger Actress, two Supporting Actress and one Lead Actress nomination under her belt!! FYI ABC!!

• Members

I agree. BE and RPG didn't edit the commercial. Even if this "flops", what does it prove? Jesse & Angie's comeback was huge and fans supposedly loved it, but was it reflected in the ratings? Did a flock of former AMC viewers return to their old show? Nope. At least not according to A.C. Nielsen.

On another subject, Beth Ehlers has a nice tummy! And she's going on 40! She looks the same as she did when she returned to GL in '97!

Archived