Y&R: Week of July 21, 2008

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The show isn't technically bad, and it's not the plot-driven clusterfuck it was last year under Latham. However, it's missing a certain flavour that Maria and now Hogan just can't bring to the table.

I really think it's time for new management at this show. We know Billy hired his wife, but why does he refuse to hire the old Bell-trained writers and producers? It just makes no sense to me. Y&R had a very specific way of telling stories for over 30 years, and now that the show is straying for that way, it just isn't as appealing as it once was.

Most of the storylines and couples going on right now are HORRIBLE too. It's just the action, better cliffhangers, and core characters being used that's making the show a bit watchable to me.

• Members

Spoilers are a curse for me too. I want to stop reading them, but Y&R has been going through tough times and that's why I always read to see if something better is on the horizon. I'll try to stop, and hopefully it'll be good.

• Members

Me too, I don't know anything about August... and I'll try to avoid spoilers.

I just wish they'd spend money on other important stuff (opening theme, better recasts) and not on promoting something that isn't that special.

Archived