Y&R: Week of July 21, 2008

• Members

After today's episode and the episode Seidman wrote last week, I can honestly say she's the WORST breakdown writer to EVER grace Y&R.

In fact, most of Y&R's breakdown staff needs to go, but Seidman should be the first one out.

I'd keep Cwikly too, she really digs into the show's history and the family/business dynamics.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

^^^^ WorldTurner, I still don't understand WHY OH WHY wouldn't they have handed this important episode to a proven writer, like Cwikly, today? It makes absolutely NO SENSE.

And Mrs. Chandler Quartermaine - you're not alone. I liked watching Sabrina today. But then again, she's always been OK to me. I never out-right disliked her. I still think they should keep her and twist up the bitch in her a little. Let her and Victoria have a couple cat fights. JMO.

• Members

I know what happens in tomorrow's US episode and I am not pleased, the best part would've been the cliffhanger, HAD CBS NOT ALREADY GIVEN THAT AWAY. :rolleyes:

Everything else is so predictable

::gasp:: This show is doomed, and I have no faith left for what's to come in August.

But at least they had the good sense to have Sally McDonald direct, though Anthony Morina did the exterior sequences in both today's US episode and tomorrow's.

• Members

Everything was just so predictable about it, and CBS didn't help matters by spoiling the cliffhanger ahead of time.

They either need to hire back those old Bell trained writers, or hire a REAL STORYTLLLER for this show. And from what I've seen, neither Maria or Hogan are true storytellers. Not to mention that sorry excuse of an EP they have in Josh Griffith, who is a writer himself and should've known how the material would play out.

• Members

I actually expected nothing special from this story. The fact that Sabrina and David are soon exiting is the only thing that I was glad to see, but I never thought they'd go through such a big promotional thing to promote the storyline. Maybe it's Griffith lazy attempt to save his job or something?

But yes, things need to change. Whatever it is, I don't believe there is any writer in the world that could save this soap.

• Members

^^^Thanks guys, I totally agree with you both as well. All I expected was better dialogue. It was so stale, and predictable. Oh wow, Paul found a picture! Oh Jill check my phone records if you don't believe me. BLAH! I pray that in the next 33 minutes (when Y&R comes on here) things improve.

• Members

Since this thread has turned into a series of pessimistic comments, it's nice to hear something good.

I don't think the show is bad... everyone is mad because they expected those promos to stand for something.

Archived