Y&R: Week of July 21, 2008

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Personally, I am looking forward to today's episode, regardless of the horrible set-up yesterday. It doesn't have to blow my mind, but at least keep me interested for MOST of the hour and I'll be happy.

IMO, apart from yesterday's show, this week has been good. As long as they have one of their competent breakdown writers (yes, like PC) pen the show, I think it'll work out. At least that's what I'm hoping for....

• Members

Well I wasn't expecting much in July and will reserve judgment until Aug/Sept plays out. I also want to see what they do with Paris.

As for the gala if they couldn't deliver production wise then they should have called it something else. Gala implies something extravagant. For the casual charity function, a romantic outdoor, summer evening affair (mid summers night event) would have sufficed and budget concerns could have been part of the story.

On the bright side the show actually tried to have a party. Hopefully today's eppy is better and the Sudden Impact aftermath it is at least good JackPeyton because that would be a major improvement from the previous great event.

• Members

Yeah, spill, Sylph! :lol: I wonder if it's because they would have to take orders from Bloom and Kent. Back in the Bill Bell days, Y&R was pretty much answerable to nobody but Bell himself.

• Members

I honestly think Bloom has very little creative power, but they just listen to her anyway. It's well known that Bill Bell, jr is running that show, hence why his wife is the HW. If Billy wanted to hire the right people, he would. However, he isn't doing that and his father must be spinning in his grace!

From what I hear, Sony just distributes Y&R and DAYS, and doesn't get to involved with the creative decisions.

• Members

To believe that the likes of Kristoff St. John (his Emmy speach!!!) kiss posteriors much too openly... He was thisclose to proposing to Kent and Moscow ;) - why should he if Sony were just distributing? Sony is very involved in it's soaps since 1 or 2 years I suppose. Edward Scott for DAYS seems to be a Sony hire and so is Josh Griffith at Y&R since he produced that Russian Telenovela for them.

• Members

Kent has a long history of visiting the Y&R set though, so I assume he's very friendly with the actors. It was Paul Rauch who was a consulting producer on that Russian Telenovela, not Griffith. Griffith only got his job because he was Latham's Co-EP and went Fi-Core to write the show during the strike. If they only knew how incompetent he is.

It's well known Billy is the only calling the shots. Remember when Latham was hired, the press release said he was involved in making "changes" with her? I assume Bloom recommended her, but Billy was ultimately the one hired her to "change" things. The fact that his wife is now writing the show, is proof that he has no idea what to do with his father's creation.

• Members

OK, forgive me, but I'm watching Wednesday's US show (and going into Thursday's). And the smackdown Sabrina just gave FauxToria! YES!

I am officially a SabrinaFan. Somebody who is actually kind and yet doesn't let FauxToria bitch down to her anymore. You go, ma petite chouxfleur!

In fact, all of Wednesday was great. Especially when Victor barked at Nikki about being a drunk mother back in the day. History!

Chloe: I have to go pee.

Amber: What is it with you and peeing every 10 minutes?

Chloe: I know! And I'm not even bulimic anymore!

Archived