The Doctors

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

So great to see this show again! I was in the 4th grade the first time these episodes aired and obviously missed a lot because I was in school. But seeing these characters again is like seeing some long-lost friends. I'm over the moon about seeing Steve and Carolee's first meeting. And Nick and Althea, sizzling hot as ever. I don't remember the Winters but I thought the scenes with Althea and Dr. Winters were great. So wonderful seeing long scenes again instead of the 30-60 second snippets that we seem to get today. And now I learn where the "Little Boy Doctor" nickname came from for Dr. Rice (his patient). My mom and I used to call Terry Kiser that every time we subsequently saw him in anything but I couldn't remember where Dr. Rice got the name. Funny the things that stick with us!

Edited by jam6242

• Members

Considering that The Doctors aired immediately after DAYS, I feel it may be safe to assume that any time DAYS was pre-empted for whatever reason, DOC would be pre-empted as well. Consquently, thanks to Jason47's DAYS pre-emption list, we can guess that The Doctors will be pre-empted on the following dates...

Edited by Matt

• Members

This was such a treat. I had only known Jada Rowland as Carolee and Lydia Bruce as Maggie, so it is nice to see the original versions. It seems like Steve is a little bit of a devil. As a classic soap fan, I love absolutely everything about this. The pauses, the close ups, and the nice long scenes. I also noticed the people of color in background roles, which is very nice - given the time period. And I really want to stay tuned for Another World coming up next.

Edited by Susan Hunter

• Members

I was talking to someone and they said that the show probably was in color starting in summer 1966. They also suggested there are more episodes from before this point that exist. I can see why Retro TV chose to start around this time, but I hope the people who have the rights might consider putting some of the earlier material out, like Dan Curtis Productions did with Dark Shadows pre-Barnabas material eventually.