Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

After I think... Only two episodes have aired, and I barely saw him yesterday, so I'm not sure abotu the rest yet (and Emmerdale is the major UK soap I knwo the least about--core characters, etc :P ). So I can answer better after a few LOL.

The other storyline is some blonde called Charity who likes to steal cars...

Edited by EricMontreal22

• Members

I think you would like Emmerdale once you got to know the VERY confusing backstories. Of all the UK soaps it's most like a Doug Marland or Agnes Nixon soap. It has the wacky characters and bizarre family relationships of Nixon in particular, although not as much heart.

I think Aaron's first time in a gay bar would be February 2010? March?

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

This might be his second time in a gay bar LOL he wasn't too comfortable anyway. He met Jackson there who got a bit mad at him... And yeah, when I used to watch Emmerdale when CBC aired it with Corrie ages back, I did take to it more than the others actually--so what you say makes sense. (It does have may fave of the UK soap themes...)

Amello--I quite like her--but she's still some blonde to me right now ;)

Edited by EricMontreal22

• Members

HAHA Damn. It must be March if Jackson was there--as that's when he was introduced according to Wiki.

I wonder how this and EastEnders will do on Vision. I know a LOT of fans were very upset that BBCanada stopped showing EE--and Vision Network needs far far far lower ratings to keep on. It does seem a mistake to program Emmerdale at the same time as the CBC airs Corrie--but that's just West Coast (Vision Network is based in the East and doesn't time change their programming, so their soap block airs 9pm there, 6pm West)

• Members

I have to say after three episodes, I already find myself getting into Emmerdale--much more than EastEnders (though it's nice to see the older characters I know), and I haven't missed catching up on Coronation Street the past little while at all (I haven't really been too into it Corrie in a long time, I admit...)

• Members

I'm glad you're enjoying Emmerdale. I think you would enjoy the show's past as well. It's a shame a lot of clips have been taken down recently. If you want a few scenes from their earlier years just PM me.

I haven't watched the show much in the last month or two, as I am not overly involved in the stories (I kind of miss the heart the show had a few years ago), but I still enjoy it and will get back in soon.

• Members

I'm sorry but I seriously question what these carefully worked-out plans are. Ryan has barely had any storyline in his year and a half on the show. I also don't know if he is "massively" popular. Popular? Sure. James is a handsome and charismatic actor who does a good job when he gets the material. MASSIVE? I doubt it. He has barely had a chance to do anything on the show other than let us see what a nice butt he has in coveralls.

As for going back to Hollyoaks -- I doubt it. Marquess is dumping anyone and everyone he did not create and he would probably also see John Paul as a part of the past, or a threat to his creation, Bart McQueen, the wizened looking block of wood passed off as a hunk. I also don't know if Sutton would want to go back, especially since Hollyoaks might not be on much longer.

I wonder if they may already be writing her out, she seems to have nothing in the village, even the relationship with Jai is over.