EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

God, I loved Chrissie. She was so funny, yet dark as hell.

I also thought bipolar Stacey crashing Trina's burial was funny as hell, too. Lacey Turner sold the hell out of it though.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

• Members

Den's murder story might have been a mess in some instances, but I thought it provided some very good moments for Chrissie, Sam, Zoe, Sharon, and Kat (when she came back).

I also think it was the story that really established Stacey as a character on the show, as she provided that alibi for Zoe and got to interact with many different characters at this time.

• Members

Another stellar episode. I'm just loving EastEnders.

OMG, Lucas is like scary crazy. The look on his face when he said that he would take care of Patrick and girls is just freaky as hell. Run, Patrick, take the girls and run for the hills!

Rudolph Walker was a star today. I loved his performance of Patrick crumbling into pieces. His guilt over letting Denise and his sons down is overwhelming.

I can't pay attention to a thing that Kim says because I can't take my eyes off her boobs which are HUMONGOUS.

I thought that dialogue in Roxy and Ronnie's scenes was over done, but the actresses did a fine job by not doing too much. I am not usually impressed by either of them, but they were excellent today. I forgot, maybe I was wrong about Glenda. She was a good mum today.

The Christian, Syed, and Tamwar scenes were adorable. I have always loved Tamwar. He is so sweet, funny, and dorky. He has always seemed out of place in the Masood family, but now it turns out that he is strongest one. It can't be easy for him to suddenly discover that his brother is gay. He was also brought up thinking homosexuality is forbidden. However, unlike his parents, he is capable of love, forgiveness, tolerance, and acceptance. It was nice to see him encouraging his brother to be more affectionate with Christian. I laughed when he balked at them kissing.

I really like Syed's tentativeness and struggle to be an out proud gay muslim. I didn't expect EE to make this much of an effort to explain how Syed has reconciled his faith and sexuality so kudos to Kirkwood.

As a whole, Christian and Syed have had a good week. I have enjoyed watching them getting accustomed to being a couple and actually talking through and resolving their issues without their previous hysterics. It gives me hope for them. Also, for the first time, I am really pleased with ME's portrayal of Syed. Instead of moments of good, he has given solid performances which have shown that Syed is in love with Christian.

Edited by Ann_SS

• Members

Rudolph Walker is so underrated and was so underused for years, he really showed today what a great actor he can be when he's written for. Seeing Patrick crack and breakdown and trying to disguise it was hard to watch, it was a very effective portrayal.

They've done a really good job with the resonance and aftermath of Denise' "death" and how it impacts everyone close to her.

I don't usually care for Christian and Syed, but I did like Syed's conversation with Tamwar at Christian's flat. The one where Syed told Tamwar how out and proud Christian is about being gay, and how that isn't who he is as a person. At least he recognized how differently he and Christian deal with things and being gay.

Samantha Womack and Rita Simons were really great in Ronnie and Roxy's scenes. It was interesting how fast the dynamic changed as Roxy started to believe Ronnie and then Ronnie had to console her. Ronnie is more like a mother figure to Roxy in ways Glenda will never be able to be. They also touched upon the reason for this, which was Ronnie trying to protect herself from Archie.

Lucas was just freaking me out in that last scene, "I'll take care of you and the girls!"

On to Denise's funeral tomorrow...

I think he sees Chelsea and Libby as a painful reflection of Denise and her loss, whereas he's never been close with Lucas and Jordan. He also mentioned at the end of the episode how much he thought he "failed" Denise and would have done the same thing to her girls.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

They also can't seem to stop putting Kim in tops where almost all of both her breasts spill out. She must know Melissa Archer.

I almost wonder if they did that to try to distract from the extremely tight trousers Lucas is always about to bust out of. If Kim and Lucas were walking down the street you wouldn't know where to look.

They're doing a wonderful job with the pacing of this story. They're hitting all the beats. I'm glad they took two episodes to let us see Patrick's POV. It's been a long time. I had almost forgotten that Charlie was still on the show, but I'm glad they dragged him in with Billy for a few minutes, as it kind of shows how isolated Patrick really is. Rudolph Walker is a very strong actor and putting him front and center goes a long way to stop viewers from feeling like this is dragging out.

I know the more you look forward to the climax of a story the more likely you'll be disappointed but I'm looking forward to the blowout here more than anything on a soap in the last few years.

• Members

I think this has been Rita Simons's best work in the role of Roxy. She's become a very good crier (she couldn't cry a few years ago), and she is better than ever with Sam Womack. I know that some Ronnie fans have complained about this not feeling like enough of an "event", like what Santer would have done -- some even think this means Kirkwood doesn't like Ronnie. I guess I can see why they might have wanted more but I think that even with some bumps over the past few episodes they did a good job with the reveal. I do hope we see more of Peggy's reaction because I want more exploration of why she is in denial, not just her being rude about Ronnie.

I'm glad they took the time to make it clear that Danielle wasn't Archie's child.

I'm also glad that Glenda is trying to help Ronnie and that when they cut to her watching Roxy and Ronnie hugging she didn't have a smirk on her face. I still don't know where this character is going but I'm pleased they didn't try to have her as being scheming in the face of this big ugly secret.

The Chryed couply stuff rang a bit false for me (it doesn't help that this new nickname "Clarkey" reminds me of National Lampoon's Vacation), but I did like the scenes with Tamwar and Syed, that Tamwar is trying to support Syed while still not being totally comfortable, and it was nice that they had him ask whether Syed loved Christian more than Amira. Whether that was supposed to mean Syed had loved Amira I don't know.

I kind of wonder whether Christian would be training someone in the middle of the Square...

• Members

I think that we are supposed to believe that Syed loved Amira, but in an affectionate way and certainly not like he loves Christian. I actually like the different tones that Syed said "yes" in response to Tamwar's questions about loving Christian and Amira. There was no indecision or doubt.

I didn't get it when Syed called Christian, "Clarkey." I had forgotten that Christian's last name was Clarke. I have come to think of him as a Beale. I would have preferred that his nickname be "Chris."

It was funny that Christian was training someone in the middle of the Square. Where do personal trainers take their clients? To gyms, right? I wish that the Square had a gym, but that would probably one extra set too many. I hope that Syed does get his telephone mobile stall in the market. Think of all the awkward encounters with Masood and Zainab.

Today reminded me about why I have never liked Peggy. There is something so ugly about the character. Blech. I won't miss her one bit.

Edited by Ann_SS