Hollyoaks: Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Wow, thanks so much for posting that link Carl. I just watched all four episodes very happily.

Ruth and Jude are two characters who should have returned a long time ago.

I wish the Benson family hadn't been so dismantled. I honestly really loved everyone and it was interesting to see early Mandy/Cindy and the first actors to play Darren and Max. Though I'm grateful for Ashley Taylor Dawson and Matt Littler, I wonder why the show thought it was necessary to recast. The previous actors seemed capable enough to me. Which brings me to wonder why the early years are taunted with terrible acting. It's nothing close to what you could see on the show nowadays from some. I also am saddened that both friendships really weren't kept throughout the series. Were either Mandy and Cindy's or especially Max and Darren's best friendship's ever referenced? How would Becca and OB feel about this? LoL

I'm really happy to have gotten to see more of Bazz. I thought he was much less prominent of a character and I had no idea he was gay. Do you have any idea if that story went anywhere? Did Bazz actually die in that wonderful four hander episode? Also, I wonder if Hollyoaks had a lot of small cast episodes like the Bazz/Lucy/Kurt/Ruth episode. Still, I laughed when Ruth cried that she may be too old to have a child at 34! Oh the travesty! LoL

And the best of all these episodes is that you really feel the closeness of the friendships between everyone. However, I wonder why Maddie and Jude weren't at Tony's wedding?

• Members

I thought there were just two. There's four? That's nice.

They came close to getting Jude back in 2007, but it fell through. Then Max's other sister came back bitchy instead.

Ruth came back one day when Jack "died" but that was it.

I think Bazz initially realized he was gay, then after that wasn't sure, then was sure, and then left town.

• 1 month later...