AMC: Monday, June 30th

• Members

Easier said than done, Boo. I've tried to watch all of the soaps in daytime at one point over the last five or six years... made several attempts.

Y&R is too stuffy for me -- not to mention pissed me off with the Davetta Sherwood firing/Christal "Like, Whatever" Khalil rehiring and I miss Vicky Rowell in daytime.

B&B (my cousin swears by the this show) does absolutely nothing for me.

It's hard for me to take DAYS seriously and I don't connect with those characters and find none of the actors appealing.

GL... I mean, really? Are you serious?

Now, ATWT had me for a while back in the spring of 2003. Sheffer was still writing back then, I believe. But then the summer came, I was out of the house, running the streets every day and that was the first thing to go. By the time I got back into things, Passanante was at the helm and, well... I still have the battle scars from her time head writing at AMC.

I grew up on ABC soaps.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, that doesn't count. It's in the Hypcritical, Double-Standard SuperCouple Agenda-Pushing Bylaws:

Section 9.3, Paragraph B clearly states:

"If the two members of your overused, airtime hogging SuperCouple are in less than five (5) scenes together per week, not only does it not count toward their total airtime, it's also the fault of whichever character poses a threat to your obnoxiously boring SuperCouple's happiness at that present time."

Seriously. Would I make this stuff up? :huh:

I know the feeling.

• Members

This is so depressing. And the best part is that the only reason why you should watch other shows is that - you can b!tch about other shows. They are all baaad, and getting worse by the day.

The part of the problem is that you haven't decided seriously to watch another show. You just hoped something would get you hooked. And "something" didn't.

• Members

Yeah but should he really have to sit through hours of shows just cuz he decided seriously to watch one? I actually am kinda with R here-_i think it also depends on what you grew up with--my first love was AMC, then Loving then OLTL so for better or worse I really dig the ABC, New York based show world. I've NEVER been able to get interested in GH (or PC), I do like the P&G soaps in their better days but now I can only sit through some of ATWT--rarely. I knwo the Bell soaps are quality--or were quality till pretty recently and Y&R, partly cuz it's on after school/work here in my part of Canada is a show I always have flipped on in the background. But Bell's style I think just doesn't appela to me as much as the Agnes Nixon stryle (even if her shows show little of that anymore)

Archived