Y&R: Jill/Mother - Mother/Daughter reloaded

• Members

The Young & The Restless’s Jeanne Cooper (Katherine Chancellor) hints that this is only the start of the action. “I’m going to try to prove that Jill is not my daughter. It’s going to be racy.”

One word: Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Jill vs. Kay!

http://thebiz.fancast.com/2008/06/deep_soa...party.html#more

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

WORD

Jack F. Smith totally killed both Kay and Jill in one full swoop when he made them mother and daughter. Hopefully, this turns out to be worthwhile. I'm excited.

As for Tammin SureSUCKS, they hardly give her any screentime, even when she didn't leave to shoot that movie of hers. It would be most logical to just write Colleen out, have go back to New York to live with Traci or something...

• Members

While at the time, making Jill Kay's daughter was intense drama, it truly did kill their dynamic together. I wouldn't mind if they reversed this.

As for Sursok, please leave! And bring back Adrienne Leon.

• Members

Exactly. :)

I know Lyndsy Fonseca probably won't return to daytime (even though her Desperate Housewives stint apparently ended), and Adrianne Leon could refuse to return, but I'd give anything to see either of them in the role again. Tammin just doesn't cut it.

• Members

Yes. The shame is that again we're going to see the same story. People just can't write anything original, they just recycle same old stories. And fans will probably love it not because it will be brilliantly written, but because there will be Kay and Jill fights.

It's just like the abortion story McTrash re-wrote – it pains me to say this, but it should just be kept the way it is, otherwise it will be too painful to watch such a great Agnes story go to pots, destroyed even further than it already is.

• Members

The only difference is, Jill being Kay's daughter was not a groundbreaking story and it wasn't a good story at all in the long-term.

I see your point, but no way in hell does has a substantial part of the audience accept Jill as Kay's daughter.

I'd love to know what Smith was smoking at the time of he wrote this...

Archived