Y&R: Jill/Mother - Mother/Daughter reloaded

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why?

5 years has passed now. Its been settled. Is THIS the best they can do for Jess Walton and Jeanne Cooper? Once again, a story where they are adjoined at the hip, and going back to meaningless quarreling? Besides it could be SO.MUCH.WORSE. They could have GLORIA be Katherine's daughter, oh how funny that would be to see the boards then.

Okay fine. I don't mind if they undo it, but please don't make these two arch enemies again. Give Jill a new feisty rival (How I MISS Mitzi Kapture!!!) and give Katherine a solid love interest.

'Tis a shame the magnificent Elizabeth Harrower can't be here to play this out. She was perfection as Charlotte Ramsey. RIP. :(

• Members

I wish they leave it as Kay is Jill mother. Too much has happen like the ending of Mac & Billy. I believe they could stil lhave that mother & daughter fued thing going on. If they was written for. I'm hoping Kay digs deep & find out Cane is a fake. & she confronts him & she hire Cane to play with Jill.

• Members

I'd be delighted if the reversed this.

I also think they can reverse John's death with a bit of leap. The core idea is that Alistair is really John.

When John was in prison, he met a con man who looked a lot like him (the REAL Alistair).

When Jack talked John into reversing his (and writing Gloria out), John realized Jack was not to be trusted. John and Alistair got to be friends, and hung out together. When Alistair had his sudden stroke, he was briefly of right mind before he lost consciousness. He implored John to switch identities...because Alistair was due for release soon...and live life for the two of them. He also implored John to learn more about the real Jack and the real Gloria. Then Alistair fell into his coma and died as John.

John, released shortly thereafter as "Alistair", realized he couldn't perpetuate this subterfuge on his family. John had his OWN cardiovascular issues to take care of, and he was reeling from Jack's deception. So, John went off to recover, to deal with his guilt for killing Tom, and to sort out his feelings for Gloria. Finally, in 2008, when he was healthy and together, he saw that Jack was advertising for a lookalike and came to town. All his buffoonery and alcoholism since coming to town has been a put-on. That's why the accent switched too...because John was trying to customize this new identity to his real identity.

I realize there are some stretches here...but they're worth it :-). It is time to reverse the failed story idea of John's death. This is no LESS logical than some of the other stuff we're seeing it...and once they get John back on canvas we can forget all the prior nonsense :-).

• Members

John Abbott is gone. Alistair was a horrible joke. Sorry Jerry Douglas, love ya but it's over.

I will be THRILLED beyond belief if Kay/Jill is undone. That is hands down the WORST decision in Y&R history. And then, let Cane be exposed, another level of ridiculousness (although I doubt it'll happen, Barbara Bloom loves Goddard).

The thing is, Kay and Jill don't necessarily have to be sworn enemies...there were a few years in between each war where the two of them co-existed...and when Nina was in the picture they had a common enemy. The essence of Kay and Jill is that they complete each other, without the hate, they haven't got much. I remember when Nina was married to Phillip, Kay and Jill got along quite nicely in general. They were actually funny because of the reserved sniping. But for my money there isn't anything like a Kay and Jill blowout.

• Members

If they reverse the mother/daughter thing I will be VERY unhappy. Making them mother and daughter was a stroke of genius.

I happen to know that Tammin Sursok (or "Suresucks" as many of you call her) is a VERY good actress when given a decent storyline. LEAVE THE POOR GIRL ALONE.

She meant that she had to evoke more emotion than usual for the CS storyline. But I think you all knew that. <_<

• Members

You know until she shows that ON THIS SHOW I think we can be pretty content in calling her horrible. Which she is. Daily.

And yeah, John is dead. He would NEVER let his girls, Ashley, Traci, Colleen and Abby think he was dead. Nor Jack for that matter. His family meant more to him than anything.

• Members

You know, I'm not a Sursok fan, but I do think she takes a rather harsh beaten around the boards. Adrianne Leon was a fine Colleen, when the writing was there -BUT half the time she slept walked through her lines. To me, LF will always be the definite Colleen, hands down.

Archived