Y&R: Jill/Mother - Mother/Daughter reloaded

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

TS has a lot more fans than just me - they're just not as vocal. Don't underestimate her fan base. The people who don't like her are mainly the ones who are still pissed about Leon's firing. <_<

IMO, the Colleen/Adrian pairing was NEVER interesting. And Colleen deserves better after the way he spoke to her before she left.

She hasn't had a chance to make Colleen her own. Her total air time in 2008 has been, what... 20 minutes?

• Members

Looks like I'm gonna miss some good Jill/Kay stuff, cause nothing short of a headline stating Victoria Rowell returning is going to make me tune back into this show! I don't even recognize half the people anymore nor understand what the hay is going on.

• Members

I'm glad you're there to be a little Suresuck cheerleader, while in this same thread you said someone like JOHN ABBOTT isn't necessary. When Tammin Sursuck can 1.) learn how to act and 2.) learn how to speak then maybe, just maybe, she can be put in the same THOUGHT PROCESS as Jerry Douglas, who was screwed by that show, and absolutely didn't deserve it.

Too bad the writers are going for your demographic and filling us to bursting point with ridiculous airheads instead of the real history Y&R fans should be given credit for following.

Way to support everything that screws this show up.

Oh, and we all know how her name should be spelled, but too bad for her she has a really unfortunate and easily subversed name... Mike Hunt could probably relate.

• Members

1. There is NO REASON for you to get all agressive about this. Learn to respect people's opinions! :angry:

2. What purpose did John Abbott serve, other than to be window dressing for the Abbott family? Same goes for Ashley, who has much more of a role at B&B. Jack was always the most prominent Abbott.

3. You actually blame Tammin Sursok for "screwing this show up"? Please! She is one of the best younger actresses the show has ever had. She knows how to act - she has WON AWARDS for her acting! And "learn how to speak"? WTH? I can hear her just fine.

What do you mean my demographic? I have been watching this show since the mid 90s and I know everything there is to know about the show's history, so don't think I'm some pimply-faced teenager who has just started watching. I simply know a good younger actress when I see one. What demographic are you in? The "parochial old bastards who hate young people and the modern world" demographic?

And don't give me that crap about the writers not catering to the long-time viewers. Jess Walton, Eric Braeden and Melody Thomas Scott are practically the stars of the show at the moment, so it's not as if we're being smothered by newbies.

• Members

If you've been reading the litany of complaints about this once great show, you know that no one blames her for for anything other than not performing. This show was around for more than 30 years before she arrived and does not need her, regardless of all the interesting and obscure Australian statuettess that sit on her mantlepiece.

The show is in trouble. Ratings have never been lower. Tammin is seen as part of the problem, a symptom, a girl who can't act if she has to sound like an American. A symptom of a larger problem. Other than that, she is not really important.

Putting down Jerry Douglas is not going to win you any friends with longtime Y&R viewers. That you can so easily dismiss his contribution to Y&R makes your chosen screenname somewhat of an insult to a longtime viewer like me.

• Members

^I do not mean any disrespect to Jerry Douglas or his fans. I don't dislike John either - I simply don't think he was absolutely CRUCIAL to the show in the sense that Victor Newman, Katherine Chancellor, Jill Foster Abbott, Nikki Newman, Jack Abbott and Phyllis Newman are.

IMO, the biggest casualty of the LML era was Victoria Rowell - not Jerry Douglas.

About Tammin - some of us like her and don't see her as a problem. While her American accent isn't perfect yet, it has improved vastly since her debut last July. And it will continue to improve. And let's not forget, Eric Braeden has an unexplained German accent and Tonya Lee Williams had an unexplained Canadian accent. Daniel Goddard slips into an American accent frequently as well. But does anyone consider THEM to be bad actors? No.

Again, I don't mean any disrespect to people who disagree with me.

• Members

UPDATE

According to Jeanne Cooper, the Jill/Kay story will be playing out in a measured way over the course of this year.

She apparently discussed it with TPTB and the bible for the storyline is being written now.

Long term planning on Y&R these days? Who knew they still did that.

Archived