ATWT: June 2-6 Discussion

• Members

My question.... how long ago did Paul and Sofie sleep together.... why does she still have the dirty underwear from that night.... that's a bit of a stretch even on a soap... as far as Carly and Holden.... I PRAY they do not put these two together... I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO dislike family s.o. storyline swaps.... in real life you don't go from brother to brother to cousin unless you're a guest on Jerry Springer.... stop the madness....

I at one point wanted Sofie on the show because I foolishly wanted her with my Aaron..... can I just say I am beyond happy that tptb did not go that route.... not saying I want Aaron with Alison but if he were staddled down with this character I would be forced to skip his fleeting appearances on the show... but I digress.... today's show was blah save for my Henry moments.... hopefully tomorrow it will be better....

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like Holden and Carly, but it makes absolutely no sense. This is one of those things that soap writers don't learn. Just because you can do something it doesn't mean that you should. Holden and Carly could have developed a strong friendship without the romance. Instead he could have supported her moving on with Mike much to Jack's chagrin. Holden could have dated Bonnie or Janet. I bet Jon Hensley and Julie Pinson would be a great couple. However, moving these couples around would mean thinking outside of the box and we all know that this isn't CG and JP's forte.

OLTL is kicking ATWT's butt. I wonder if the ratings will reflect this. We'll see. OLTL has a hard road with pitiful AMC as a lead in.

• Members

Yet you still watch it. I mean, if you can give us this assessment, you certainly watched a show for a while.

But this does not in any way contribute to the discussion, no matter how true.

So go watch OLTL and keep annoying us with screams like "OLTL is the best!" Which it's not... But, hey... B)

• Members

Its hilarious how the threads for this show are exactly the same week to week. Complain complain complain...

Whats the point again? I think maybe one person said they enjoyed the ending of the show...

If its causing you pain you might want to change the channel.

• Members

My take on ATWT is that while its not the best soap out there it certainly isn't the worse. I use to be a huge fan until certain events and experiences just drove me away from the show altogether.

I mean ATWT on it worst day is still millions of light years ahead of GL and B&B. Thats all I say. I think I'd be grateful that the show is doing relatively well and seems to be moving forward rather than just stuck in one place like Y&R seems to be. And even then I watch Y&R just had a head change (for the worse it looks like) so I'm gonna give it some time before I decide whether to give up on it.

I just think its funny how the same stuff happens every week when it comes to certain shows and their threads. And I kinda agree that it doesn't really do much except take space.

Well I guess it provides emotional release for some people so maybe thats okay...lol.

Anyways I think I'll tune in today to see if ATWT is truly that bad.

• Members

I can respect that. Thank you, that was really pleasant and not what I was expecting. :) I don't watch this show all the time. I watch to compare writing styles of all the HW's. I can't really say if it sucks or not, I think that was more me messing with another poster. ;)

• Members

Well I don't hate this show. My only real gripe is that nothing really happens. Where are the BIG stories, with BIG climaxes? Affairs? Long lost brothers/sisters? Explosions? Coporate takeovers? It's just kind of everyday filler with people having the same convos they had the day before. No action! It's like my filler soap until Dr. Phil or Maury comes on at 3pm. More action and drama happens on those shows than ATWT LOL.

• Members

Well, "this show sucks better (or less) than everyone else" does seem to be Goutman's mantra. I agree with it, but it would be nice to have something to point out as "good" instead of "sucks less than plotB on showX." I will add something one of my math teachers drilled into me..."if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." So, anyone who isn't impressed with the discussion of ATWT is welcome to stick their head out and add their perspective.

Back on topic....

Missed some of the show today (thanks to a press conference) but doesn't appear that I missed much, unless someone pulled a reason for Winston's bizarre need for Ameera out of their writer ass.

I know that with the tight shooting schedule, they don't have a lot of time to choreograph fights and stunts, but I'm tired of one-punch fights and lame stunts like taking a big step onto a boat.

Double standard alert....both Noah and Luke have belts cinched around their waists as not to expose one suggestion of the top of a moon, yet I remember repeated shots of Mark Collier with jeans dipping dangerously beneath his belly button (and points south), with nary a belt in sight.

The entire Brad/Janet/BadToupeGuy thing...yeah, I can't even remember if Bud slapped her around or not. But even if he didn't strike her, I think he pushed her. Same difference, BadToupeGuy!

I really want to be on Ali's side in this. Chris obviously exerted influence over her Teacher. And he was a Class A Jerk after Ali didn't sleep with him. He also lied to Bob---he didn't "put the brakes on" anything. The story has a promising future, assuming their parents are brought in on the plot more like today.

• Members

I just dont understand this storyline. Can you explain it to me PJ? :lol:

Probably the only thing that gave me goosebumps today.

This story is so not good at all. Do I care that Janet is being beat up by some one day player on the show?? No! It all goes back to giving poor dear old Katie a storyline.

This could be really good. I hope we have Hughes vs Stewarts. I loved seeing Kim today but she was just there to pimp Katie and her man.

• Members

Interestingly, I took the approach a couple weeks ago that ATWT was so mediocre that it wasn't worth posting about it and I watched sporadically changing the channel. I clearly wasn't the only one because there were about 2 or 3 posts on the show for about a week or so. The morale being that at least if people complain it means they care enough to watch and post. If the enough fans stop caring, then more people will stop watching until the show is off the air.

Archived