Life On Mars: Discussion Thread

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • Members

The pacing is a bit fast.

But, as far as quality of the show. It is really good.

I'm loving the comedy aspect mixed in with the drama/sci-fi too. I found my self laughing way too hard at the sexist quips at the character of Annie. No Nuts Norris=:lol:

Even as a woman.I have to say that nickname is hilarious.

Another thing...I'm LOVING the soundtrack to the show. I'm a huge classic rock fan.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

The new series is great, very well cast, stylized and written. The original pilot was one of the cheesiest shows I've ever seen so it was a pleasant surprise. I like that the relationships and characterizations differ from the original series. I don't find myself comparing the two, even though the episodes use the same subjects so far.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I take it everyone missed this weeks episode where Renee Goldsberry had a pretty substantial guest star role! I enjoyed it. It wasn't a major flashy episode, but it just felt right. Episodes like this keep me tuned in and let me know I wanna stay with it long term.

• Members

Last week's episode felt a little like 6 degrees of Whoopie, lol. First there was REG, who was one of the potential The View co-hosts prior to Whoopie's selection. Then there's Harvey Keitel, who was Whoopie's murderous boyfriend in Sister Act.

Anyway, I'm still kind of in a wait and see mode with this show. I, too, saw the UK version and I find myself very much comparing the two, usually with this version falling a little flatter for me. Granted, some of the Brit slang went over my head in the original but I found the two actors playing Sam & Gene more interesting, individually and together, than O'Mara and Keitel, who just don't happen for me.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Well, the show's life on earth has ended. It's been cancelled.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracke...on-mars-pr.html

Honestly, I wanted to like this show better, but, as I mentioned, having really liked the UK version, this one just seemed like a weak copy, and I still was not enamored of the casting...O'Mara and Keitel, especially, just weren't doing it for me. But then they had the hiatus, then the move to a different night...it was just a setup for failure.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived