Soap Opera Background Music Thread

• Members

Thanks for this!!

I just listened to all of the cues. "Weaving a web" drives me CRAZY when it's ever (all the time) used on DAYS. Also "Stefano's Theme", I don't think that's really Stefano's is it? They use that cue all the time in different situations. I don't like that one either.

I love "Together" and "A Good Day" blush.gif Those ones are beautiful. "Heist" is interesting to.

"Nighttime Hope's Theme" ph34r.gifph34r.gif

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yeah I'm not really sure why it's called Stefano's theme. It played alot during the whole Sydnapping storyline last year, it still plays from time to time but I would say it's more EJ's theme than Stefano's.

Eww to Heist, it reminds me of Stan, LOL.

"Nighttime Hope's Theme" really is awful.

• Members

Don't know if this has been mentioned further in the thread, but does anyone know who composed the music for Sunset Beach? They always had such great underscores. And, is any of it available anywhere?

• Administrator

Thanks for the link, Sindacco. Like I said before, DBN is such a bad composer. My God, those are so bad. LOL BTW, Stefano's theme will always be that short music cue, I think it's the Phoenix cue.....it's at 1:48 of this clip:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fI21NDG8Yfc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Members

Yes, I love the Phoenix cue. I remember watching a clip from the Stockholm storyline when Marlena was kidnapped by Orpheus and I could swear I heard the Phoenix cue. Toups, do you know if the cue was Marty's or DBN's? I want to know when Marty's music stopped playing on the show and when DBN's music started, I know it was around 1993 but not sure exactly when. And what about Corday? From what I've read he's been working with the shows music sine the last 70s which means he also worked with Marty. I have always wanted to know what music is Corday's, does he have a different style than Marty and DBN?

What I hate the most about the DAYS music is that they have all these great cues but they never use them. They just keep making new ones.

DBN said this in an interview last year:

I just don't get that. I want to hear familiar music. When Stefano walks into a scene I want to hear the Phoenix music.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Do any other soaps still ever use their old background cues during a scene?

I was wondering, since today's episode of Y&R ended with one of their old (but wonderful) background music cues from the 80's/90's I was wondering do any soaps sometimes still pull out old music cues during scenes like Y&R and B&B does?

• Members

It'd be weird if AMC used some of its early 80s underscores. They used background music differently then...usually just to open and close certain scenes and acts, and sometimes to enhance scenes, but not always. I can't imagine an episode opening with some whimsical music playing over a slow zoom-in on Kendall's house, fading into a shot of Ricky holding her at knife point.

Edited by All My Shadows