Soap Opera Background Music Thread

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

But you know, AMS.. you *may* have also been referring to the slow version of the Genoa City theme. I would KILL for a clean copy of that, this clip seems to have a good amount of it, starting at :10:

Incidentally, this clip ALSO conatins the THIRD version of "Sally's Theme". There is a version on the 1974 soundtrack album, the one in this clip, and the SLOW version that many people today refer to as "Katherine's Theme".. that slow version is the only piece from the original score that theyv'e used to any degree in the last 8 years.

Edited by alphanguy74

• 3 months later...
  • Members

I once referred to this particular score as 'Michael's Theme' as he was often found to have this played over his scenes, particularly with Detective Webber in 2003.

Well, YouTube is our friend (and since the show and scenes weren't so frenetic) and the score is considerably longer. Starts at about 1:30.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmoE-DoGpAk

Edited by UK LAW

• 4 months later...
  • Members

DAYS composer D. Brent Nelson has a website. You can listen to some of his cues (or download, just right-click and save as). Most of them are recent stuff but there are two from the 90s, "Making an Escape" and "Racing Against Time". I love "Making an Escape", great action cue that played alot back in 1997.

http://www.dbrentnelson.com/

Edited by Sindacco