Soap Opera Background Music Thread

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrator

I like some of B&B's dramatic music too.

This one's a bit cheesy but I love it. LOL

Starting at 6:27

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KkS3N3qu4Q&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KkS3N3qu4Q&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KkS3N3qu4Q&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

• Members
Swoonsome is the right word for it.

The Y&R Compilation that came out in 1998 really sucked balls. The '98 DAYS CD(released by the same distributor) had some good stuff on it, but not everything I wanted. Too much Princess Gina and the Swamp Girl Shitt on it.

• Members

Oh, yeah, I'm listened to it. Wasn't too terribly impressed. However, like you mention, I loved how they opened with the short theme and closed with the longer one and a few of the cues were really, really good. But mostly it was unknown stuff.

"Mother's Plea" must be one of the most haunting, wonderful scores they've ever done. Been on repeat on my IPod all day.

Lost Hope is, indeed, exquisite.

• Members

Don't know the track's title but my favorite one is basically two times on the soundtrack, a very vampish cue which I totally associate with many Victoria Rowell scenes of the nineties. As soon as it was Neil & Dru romancing they played this score, although it was quite often used, also becuase that one "tune" is apparently used for two different scores...

• Members

I thought *overall* it sucked, mainly because the dramatic cues are what Y&R is best known for, and it really NEEDED those to balance it out. Lost Hope is a GEM, one of the best this show ever had, it has been used primarily where "Blue Images" used to be inserted. 3AM was another gd one on there.. but really there were only 4 or 5 really good ones on the whole disc. With the advent of Itunes, I don't see any reason why ALL shows cna't have theri background scores ripe and ready for purchase.

Edited by alphanguy74

• Members

Exactly. It's the same thing with classic episodes--those who still have them could EASILY make them available via sites like hulu or YT or even through ITunes if they are so desperate for a profit. It baffles me why they don't pursue those avenues.

Btw, "Blue Images"?

• Members

Speaking of R. C. Cates. He and the music department of Port Charles did all of the Stephen Clay Experience music. It was original

and I loved all of the music. Michael Easton did not sing the music. It was sung by Joey Lugassy of the band Daysix. It was

all beautifully composed and matched the arcs that the music was designed for. We Port Charles faithful wanted a CD of the music

released by ABC. They didn't release the music. I thought that was a huge mistake. This music is played to this day as background

music on GH. I have caught Newborn Heart and Naked Eyes, that I can recall.