SOD Cover: "Y&R Recast OUT"

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She's bad in that they had a perfectly fine Colleen who was replaced with a skinny bobble head who can't hide her Australian accent. She might have been just fine as a new character with a link to Cane. Y&R made a lot of stupidest casting decisions under LML and I hope that this is the beginning of a turn around.

• Members

she is a horrid miscast. much like AH as Victoria.

Colleen lost everythign that amde her intersting. Shes not just some typical pretty stuck up bitch. but not a intersting complex bitch. just a bitch.

she would had been great as someone from canes past or something like that. something new. but not in the role she is in.

i will never understand why they got rid of AL who was perfect and did well taking over a fan fave role.

• Members

Thank the gods! I only pray this is true and not some evil, misleading, teaser on the part of the mags. If they get my hopes up for nothing I'll never buy another issue. AL, please get well and come back to us. You have been sorely missed by many.

I really do think this might be true, just because Colleen is seen so rarely and when she is on she's nothing but scenery. Is it too much to hope that TPTB have FINALLY come to their senses?

• Members

NO. She is fantastic, but unfortunately has had little air time.

QUOTE (Chris B @ Apr 29 2008, 03:57 PM)
I hope it's Tammin. She's a horrible actress and has been a huge flop. I don't even care if AL doesn't return. Just get this crap actress off Y&R.

Okay, that is just plain mean. :angry: She is a very good actress (and has awards to prove it!) and she is incredibly nice IRL. Maybe Colleen wasn't the right role for her, but does that give people the right to call her names? And it is not her fault she was cast in a popular role.

• Members

Agreed. I don't have an opinion about the actress one way or another. We haven't seen enough of her to get to know her.

In addition, she came in with a negative bias against her because a lot of people didn't like the way Adrienne Leon was replaced (and many suspected weight was the real factor). We don't know all the details about Leon's firing...if her attitude and professional conduct were as they should be. My point is...we don't know all sides of the story.

In any event, I am glad Sursok is able to do some features... Colleen needs to be an integral character on the canvas, so I'm hoping Y&R either invests in Sursok, or recasts Colleen (ideally with one of the predecessors).

I should also add that I *hated* Leon's Colleen almost till the end. I found her surly, unemotional, and I didn't like how the character was written (lusting after her Professor when she had her first-love....and a FINE hardbody first love who was totally devoted!!!...at home.) For me, Colleen didn't shine until she tried to talk Kevin down from his revenge against Jana. There was this tenderness between Colleen and Kevin that surprised me and (I think) the actors. I thought that would be a great place to move forward. Have these two damaged people find healing in each other.

If they brought Colleen back and played that beat (Colleen and Kevin), freeing up Adrian to come between JT and Victoria, I'd be happy. Adrian--with his art history background--needs to fit in there with Sabrina and Victoria...I'm not yet sure how. I'd still like some nefarious backstory to be revealed for him...not that he killed Heather's college roommate, but I liked the idea that he was originally a part of Israeli intelligence or something. I think Adrian could be a great 'Indy Jones'.

• Members

I do actually know the story and that is SOOOOOOOOOO far from the truth. And if you knew anything about Adrianne from watching her work, interviews, videos, fan interactions you would know that's soo off basis it's laughable.

• Members

I agree about Leon. She was no Fonseca. But I grew to like her when Adrian came on and it was pretty scandalous. Although not as much as it could have been.

ITA about Adrian and Victoria. I never understood why the writers didn't pursue that. I always thought Eyal and Amelia had good chemistry.

I always thought LML intended for him to be Heather's roommate's killer to take him off the show but backtracked later on when the audience grew to love him. The directors definitely laid the suspicions on him thick when they'd close up on him at the end of a scene as he narrowed his eyebrows or something as if he was plotting something devious. Oh well.

• Members

Just to clarify...I know nothing about the reasons for Leon's firing, and didn't mean to claim otherwise. My key point stands...I (like many) really warmed to Leon before she left, and found the recast jolting. That made it harder to warm to Sursok.

I agree to disagree with Deee Dee, in that I think Kevin and Colleen finding each other, in a healing relationship, would have been great. It would have been a parable about how far forgiveness can go. But, no matter: Without Leon, I don't know that I'm interested in seeing this.

Archived