GL: Kim Zimmer is Mad!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oooooooooh, what an excellent point! Excellent point! You're absolutely right, of course. Byrne NEVER ONCE marshalled her fans against her show. Indeed, in her farewell chat she was remarkably close-mouthed about the locus of blame for her non-renewal.

That is an exquisite evocation of differences in class in dealing with this kind of corporate malfeasance. Unfortunately, reasonable (Byrne) or loud and combative (Zimmer) seems unlikely to save anyone's job.

• Members

LMAO! Maybe not QUITE Brenda Dickson...then again, with that Hawaii penthouse flap...maybe just like her :-).

You know what though. I miss Victoria every day! The writing these days makes me miss her more than ever (which seems to be the show's intent). I don't know how much of a "Diva" Victoria was...and I don't care. What she put on screen was fabulous every day. She looked great. She gave her all to the acting. Never for a MINUTE could she be accused of phoning it in. This was true EVEN WHEN she didn't like the writing or the lighting or whatever.

I'm not 100% sure the same could be said of Zimmer...but I honestly haven't been watching as closely. I do know--as someone without much of a history with this show---when I see her scenes, they don't really grab me. I do realize, however, this is partly the writing.....

Brenda Dickson. Excuse me while I go chuckle at that great image!

• Members

Kim Zimmer always opens her big mouth and makes [!@#$%^&*] all about her while less big names on her show fall by the wayside and slip through the cracks. She's not crazy at all. She's just looking out for herself every time.

That said, she's right about this for once. GL is an abortion every day of the week. And Reva is one of the few things I actually like about GL these days. Now that they've stopped pretending she's some sex goddess, she's much more compelling as the middle-aged good time girl, whereas every other era I'd seen her on the show, I hated her with a vengeance. I even like the idea of Josh and Reva now!

• Members

When is her contract up? Because if it is fairly soon, then this would indicate that they are "fading her out..."...so we won't care when she goes out with a whimper (at least on screen) or less. Think about how unceremoniously (on another network, with another production house) Julia Barr was dumped. They could so easily get rid of AMC's Brooke because they made sure she had ceased to matter in the storyline for a very long time.

• Members

Yeah...see when the bosses pay you to sit at home, there's usually a reason. And thru March, she was in just under half of the episodes aired. (I think the total was 62.) There's only four episodes between her and Beth Ehlers at that point. That's not some huge gap, so I don't see what she's complaining about. Other than the fact she wants to work more.

1. Marcy Rylan (Lizzie Spaulding) - 41

(14/14/13)

2. Daniel Cosgrove (Bill Lewis) - 40

(15/12/13)

3. Beth Ehlers (Harley Cooper) - 32

(11/11/10)

3. Ron Raines (Alan Spaulding) - 32

(10/9/13)

5. Murray Bartlett (Cyrus Foley) - 31

(11/10/10)

5. Mandy Bruno (Marina Cooper) - 31

(12/11/8)

7. Robert Newman (Joshua Lewis) - 30

(9/13/8)

8. Nicole Forester (Cassie Winslow Lewis) - 29

(9/11/9)

9. Kim Zimmer (Reva Shayne) - 28

(11/9/8)

• Members

Do you think she has a 10 show/month or 120 show/year guarantee?

For someone who is probably used to working above her guarantee, this is probably the problem. She FEELS the lack of enthusiasm at this point.

What I'm about to say IS NOT MEANT TO BE CATTY. Honestly. But SHE should have offered to do the "lap band" storyline. Then she'd be front and center AND, I think, increase her chances of future employment. I know that sounds awful, but I'm just trying to say I wonder what she is doing to try to secure her job.

Complaining, not working on appearance, not working on her craft (by taking other jobs)....seems to me she is an "agitated depression" state, and she might need to work on that to increase her career viability.

• Members

again, regaurdless of anything else she is muvch below what shes paying for, according to her.

also, it isnt like this was said in an interview, it was said to her offical fanclub yes/no? if yes then she was obviously getting a lot of letters about this and decided to adress this. i see nothing wrong with her going diva. if it qorks it works, if not then it doesnt. oh well. but im sure it got to a point where she felt the need to speakout, and i dont blame her because this is the worst GL has ever been and im shocked they havent pulled the plug yet.

Archived