Soap Actress Gets Star on Walk of Fame

• Members

50457486gc4.jpg

Kate Linder of "The Young and the Restless" receives a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on Thursday April 10, 2008 in Hollywood, Calif. More than 25 years after being cast to say "Dinner is served" on the long-running soap opera "The Young and the Restless," Kate Linder received a star Thursday on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. (AP Photo /Tammie Arroyo)

LOS ANGELES (AP) — More than 25 years after being cast to say "Dinner is served" on the CBS soap opera "The Young and the Restless," Kate Linder received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Linder told fans gathered for the ceremony Thursday that she was waiting to board a plane when she heard the news.

"I stopped breathing and started crying," Linder said. "The captain of the plane then went on to announce after takeoff that I was getting my star and the flight passengers applauded."

Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa attended the event.

"Los Angeles is a place where dreams come true," he said.

In April 1982, Linder delivered the line "Dinner is served" at a casting and was asked to return the next day. She eventually joined the cast as Esther Valentine, the confidante and housekeeper of Katherine Chancellor, a wealthy woman.

Linder has kept the job she had before joining the show: On weekends, she works as a United Airlines flight attendant.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hBCpOWo...44gl_QD8VVGLLO0

WTG,Kate. I'm so happy for you. Keep up the awesome work!!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Although it's true that anyone can have a star I think it's rather ignorant to say that Kate Linder is undeserving. Aside from her role as Esther she's been very involved in Hollywood labour politics for two decades and is currently on the Board of Governors with the Academy in the Daytime division.

• Members

LOL, I guess Esther has more fans then a lot of the front burner soap actors. Good for her, Esther used to be a riot but then all of a sudden the character had nothing better to do than be a one bark guard dog for Katherine.

Archived