OLTL: The Ron Carlivati & OLTL Appreciation Thread

leevo64

• Members

I am enjoying Ron's version of Llanview immensely. Is it perfect? Is any soap perfect? unlike others who gave up, came back, gave up (I did much of the same), I was able to find, for at least a time, something to keep me watching with every regime. I have the callouses on my FF finger to prove it..The difference is now it has its heart back. I care again. And I feel Ron C cares too.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Anyone can say what they will about Ron. I have. And, quite frankly, there's still some things on the show that aren't gelling with me.

However, I think the one thing that I truly love about Ron is his passion for the show, his passion for the genre, and his passion for the fans. He seems to be one of the few individuals in the business that don't believe that daytime drama isn't good enough on its own and needs to be changed to emulate primetime, feature films, etc.

And the reason I know he has this passion is not through any interview or blog or what have you. If I had a dollar everytime a new headwriter or executive producer said that they respected the show, its history and its fans, I would have enough money to fund GL's budget for the next ten years. Hell, Mary Alice Dwyer-Dobbin practically had a standard script everytime a new team came on board and said it every single time. Their words mean nothing. Even Stern & Black, Kreizman, Weston, and the rest of the hired hacks in daytime have expressed this at one time or another.

But what I know about Ron comes from his writing. It may not be perfect, but it has heart. It has passion. It isn't trying to cause a revolution or reinvent the wheel. And I appreciate that.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Members

I can't believe how much better Llanview is now that Higley's gone (and how much worse Salem is now that she's moved there).

The show may not be perfect but I'd like for anyone to point me out one that is.

IMO, RC is a miracle worker. He revived a dying patient. I just wish those viewers who Higley chased out of Llanview would return for another visit and see it for themselves.

• 3 months later...

Archived