OLTL: The Ron Carlivati & OLTL Appreciation Thread

leevo64

• Members

In just a few short months, Ron Carlivati turned One Life to Live from a cliche-driven mess to the most dynamic and creative soap on the air. He immediately gave Viki the great story she deserved, brilliantly concluded the Tommy McBain saga, and introduced lovable new characters such as Charlie, Jared and Gigi. Let's use this thread to rave about him!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members

OLTL is the best soap opera on air right now, and it's all thanks to Ron. His devotion to the genre really comes alive through his writing. Ron=Love.

I wish I could clone him and put each clone as a HW of a soap. That's how much I love his wirting :lol:

• Members

In just a few short months he's given us all-time classic OLTL moments that will never be forgotten:

-Marcie taking Viki hostage

-Rex and Adriana's wedding from hell

-Dorian taking down Buchanan Enterprises

-Nash falling through a skylight to his death

And this week, we have two major characters returning to the show in what promises to be an explosive summer story that will probably involve the entire cast. CAN'T WAIT!

• Members

I admit to being guilty in the past of watching my favorite soaps usually for one or two favorite characters, and because I was hoping for specific outcomes for those characters and their stories. Of late, Ron C. has changed that. I really enjoy most of the show, even the stories that involve characters I previously never cared for or found the slightest bit interesting, have me fascinated. I think that's the mark of a good soap. When you can see the events unfold and feel the impact from each character's perspective whether you really like them or not.

• Members

I LOVE OLTL. I am LOVING Ron Carlivati's view on the show and the work he is clearly putting into it.

OLTL has been great for the past 4+ years, I only mention that because yes it has been bad in the past 4 years too but it has managed to keep itself a float and myself too. OLTL is the only reason I still watch soaps now, it certainly isn't DAYS. Since I have been watching soaps, for over 19 years, OLTL and DAYS have been the only two I have watched consistently but amongst all of them, OLTL is the only one I have never stopped watching. The show is definitely rewarding my loyalty right now and is, like I said, the only reason I think soaps can still survive these hard times. Go OLTL!

Archived