Santa Barbara Discussion Thread

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

A friend has sent me the first 150 episodes of SB with an excellent quality and in English for Christmas, and I have just discovered that the actor Tim Robbins worked in Santa Barbara. He appears in episode 8 for my surprise...and in these first episodes Janine Turner and Renne Jones(Lexie, DAYS)appear too. I only knew that David Hasselhof appeared in episode 32 as himself.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I was reading a post-strike Digest interview with various soap headwriters. One was Anne Howard Bailey (who was soon let go anyway). She talked about how initially the nun character was supposed to be a love interest for Mason, but then while she was gone, they cast a deaf actress (Phyllis Frelich), which made the story impossible. She said perhaps that was for the best, as she only did the story to appease Mary/Mason fans (wouldn't that have just pissed them off?). She also said that the story about Cain's Vietnamese daughter, who would turn out to be an impostor and fall in love with him, was too convoluted, and she had to end it. She also complained about the show doing the Gina/Keith wedding while she was away, and she was not impressed.

What do you think of her comments? What did you think of their wedding?

videos gone

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I can't remember if any of them went into as much detail as she did - I think Pam Long may have come closest, as she was unhappy about what was done with the mental breakdown story she planned for Johnny after he was cured of cancer, and she was unhappy about Blake making endless mysterious phone calls (the scab writers had no idea who the calls were even to) and being so serious all the time.

Was that story the end of Cain?

Edited by CarlD2