B&B: Week of March 24, 2008

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've about had it with B&B's penchant for insta love. Rick is in love with Taylor. Really? When and how did that happen? If only the writers cared enough about their couples to actually show us the relationship develop, instead of just telling us that people are in love. The same goes for Donna/Eric. Katie and Nick are about two weeks away from being in love and a month away from walking down the aisle, if recent history is any indicator. I hate it!!

Thank god for Pam. She's is making this show fun again.

• Members

IA. This insta love thing is ridiculous and I hate that now Taylor is admitting she might love him. Oh do we really need to see a mother/daughter love triangle? Phoebe coming out of nowhere wanting to sleep with Ric in her mother's house? How contrived was that bc A) she doesnt even live there and B) why would she want to do the deed in her mom's home?

Nice to see James. Is he a recurring character now? His appearance defeintly was a surprise

I also agree about Pam. She is the reason to watch. Im absolutely loving her. I really wish they had shown what she did to Donna but it will be something to look forward to tomorrow.

• Members

Yeah, the entire thing was completely contrived, not just the location. She's off screen for months and then, BAM, she's ready to give Ric a tumble without even bothering to ask if there's someone else? Sure. It's wasn't enough that Brooke had to take two husbands from Bridget, now Taylor is taking Phoebe's first love. GMAFB! I think Rick and Taylor could have made an interesting couple, but they are being rushed and Phoebe is being thrown in the mix, so I'm losing whatever interest I had.

This Nick/Katie thing is also making me ill. Nick just isn't good enough to have all these women falling at his feet.

B&B should slow their pacing down Y&R style. I'm not saying it has to be quite as slow as classic Y&R, but if they slowed the pace a bit the characters wouldn't look so fickle and superficial. I'm tired of these characters going from insta love to insta done at the speed of light. It's hard to care who is with who when it's going to be someone different in a month anyway.

• Members

I must be the only one who doesn't think Pam is all that hilarious. Yeah, great, she's comic relief. And AM is totally going for it. But I'd much see some of the underused players Felicia, Storm and Thorne get some airtime than watch "wacky Pammy" punk a clueless Donna.

But, I'd trade that in for everyone in town calling Taylor a whorish, selfish cradlerobber. Sigh...I was so hoping James would look at her and say, "what the bloody 'ell are you smoking, you hussy??" If Taylor gets one tenth the grief that Brooke got for nailing either Deacon or Nick, I'll be amazed. I don't care what anyone says, she's doing exactly the same thing Brooke did and got roasted for.

• Members

Brooke got roasted by the fans. not the characters. The only one who was really pissed at her was Bridget. Even Stephanie was having tea with her and helping her out after she found out! Brooke got a free pass here and it shocked me that more people werent disgusted by her or call her out

• Members

Well, I think it was a little more than just Bridge being pissed at her. But I'm not recalling everyone's reaction. I know Steph humilated her by exposing the pregnancy with Hope. And people STILL throw it in her face.

Everyone's acting like it's perfectly normal for Taylor to have feelings for a man who was dating her daughter, just weeks after her marriage broke up. She told James she thinks it's love. How is she not just as fickle and sexually obsessed as Brooke??

• Members

You are COMPLETELY RIGHT!

Nick was the only one that understood Brooke during the Deacon-boink. Ridge dumped her and Steph was their to gloat after Ridge found out about Deacon/Brooke. Steph grabbed a very pregnant Brooke and told her to look in the mirror since she's a whore. Eric was appalled, but then understood, i guess because he hated Deacon anyway. And don't forget all the grief Brooke got for getting involved with Thorne. Eric, Steph, Ridge and Taywhore all blamed Brooke and Thorne. The Spectras hated them too. CJ, Clarke, Sally, Macy and heck even Darla all bashed Brooke! Macy and Kimberly even tried to kill Brooke for getting involved with Thorne!

The fans and the CHARACTERS attacked Brooke for something Tay has been doing for years and is still doing.

Tay is once again getting it way too easy. The way Ridge reacted when Rick/Phoebe dated was violent! He punched Rick, and should have at least screamed at Taywhore for even considering Rick as a paramour! The entire Forrester clan, led by Stephanie, should be against Rick/Tay. At least the audience saw Brooke/Thorne develop romantic feelings for each other. With Tay, it is really like she is using Rick for revenge against Brooke.

• Members

BRILLIANT comment!

Taywhore is exactly that! The woman is far worse than Brooke since she murdered Darla and covered it up using her teen daughter. And she has slept/seduced her way through the Forrester (Ridge, Thorne, Rick), Marone (Ridge, Nick) and Logan (Storm, Stephen, Rick) clans.

• Members

as far as the insta "im in love" on B&B i dont mind it. i dont know why because that norm bothers me a lot, but on this show it doest. esp when i think it works with someone like Rick, i eman his mother is brooke Whoregan, she has a new eternal soulmate she has waited for her entire life every other month.

i like ally mills, and i like pam, but i do think she is becoming a bit too much. one of those things that can easily become too much of a good thing.

• Members

I'll take it all back.

I love what Kay Alden’s been doing with B&B. This week has been amazing. Y&R has been also great but B&B has this cutting edge which is, well, just cutting it. So many different stories and different characters...

Pam's antics are so much fun and totally fit B&B. It's not too much but also not low-key. Poor Donna. LOL

The twists and turns n Taylor/Rick/Phoebe has been so shocking and it still makes some sense.

This is just soap opera at its best: expect the unexpected and deliver twists in smaller abd bigger dosages...

Archived