B&B: Week of March 24, 2008

• Members

Except that Phoebe and Rick weren't married or even together when Taylor started her relationship with Rick. Taylor hasn't even stolen her daughter's boyfriend, never mind stealing her daughter's husband (twice) and getting knocked up by him. Phoebe gave Rick every indication they were over months ago. And I don't care what anyone says, that's a huge bit of difference in my book.

Still, I completely agree that getting involved with Rick so quickly after separating from Nick is far from normal, in fact, I find it downright unbelievable. . Then again, on this show, it is the norm. People no sooner lose the love of their lives than the next great love comes along. Brooke ended her engagement and was trying to break up Nick's marriage less than 24 hours later. Which time you ask? I'm referring to the Australian caper, although a similar scenario has played out many times with many different characters. I hate it.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Technically, Nick was still married to Bridget when he and Brooke were having sex. Sure, Bridget gave him up after she lost Nicole, but she asked Brooke to wait until the divorce was final and naturally Brooke couldn't respect that, even after Bridget made that sacrifice for her. Not to mention, what kind of woman has sex with her daughter's husband right after her daughter loses a baby? Way to support your child. But Brooke's feelings have always come before her children. Rick does take after his mother that way.

• Members

And Bridget was having sex with Dante so obviously she didn't care. Time she gave those divorce papers to Nick she was all up on Dante.

Not to mention Nick is still married to Taylor and screwing Bridget.

• Members

Yeah, I'll give you that. But what has Taylor said in regards to Rick? Last year, he was an unstable, promiscious young man who was too experienced for her daughter, and cheated on her with Ash. Now, he's suddenly Taylor's friend and "understands and supports her". That's the same slippery slope Brooke started down before she started boinking Deacon.

I don't understand how Nick is viewed as a prize. He's cheated on every woman he's been with, either technically or "in his heart". The only "children" of his he seems to truly care about are the ones he shares with Brooke. He left Nicole's memorial to beg Brooke for another chance. He dumped Dominic as soon as they knew he was Dante's, after raising him for months. Yet he clung to Hope and RJ even after divorcing Brooke. He's clearly using Bridget again, within days of dumping Brooke after dumping Taylor.

And U.G.H. at the thought of him writing another "special" song. *runs screaming with hands covering ears* Noo....please GOD...NNNnnnooooo!!

• Members

Yeah, clearly Taylor and Rick will eventually hook up. Probably just long enough to devastate Phoebe. Right now, I feel like the show is changing the characters to fit whatever sleazy plot point they decide to do. Because of the break neck pace there is this continual 180 for certain characters.

Did Nick dump Brooke after dumping Taylor? I thought Brooke couldn't make up her mind and Nick just cut her lose, but I'm not sure because for the first time in about many years I deleted a couple of episodes without even watching. I just could not take one more conversation between Brooke and Nick about which guy is her true destiny.

I liked Brooke so much better before Nick came into the picture. In fact, I always wanted her to get Ridge away from Taylor, who I could not stand at the time. Before Nick came along Brooke always knew what she wanted and I never saw her as a fickle, indecisive slut. She might have hooked up with other guys, but everyone knew she wanted Ridge and would do whatever it takes to try to snag him. I was rooting for her back then, but it's hard to root for a character to get what they want, when no one knows what that is.

Nick is beyond annoying. When he told Katie that Brooke and Bridget aren't the only Logan women (how gross is that??) and that he was having "thoughts" about her, I seriously thought it was a dream. I was waiting for Katie to wake up. I just cannot believe they've gone their so quickly and that Nick is going to throw Bridget away again. Plus, they are going to ruin Katie, who was shaping up to be the only character on this show with common sense and honor.

• Members

Yes, but Brooke is Bridget's MOTHER. There is a different standard there or at least there should be. If you cheated with your daughter's husband once, you should have the bare minimum of courtesy and respect her marriage the second time around when she asks you to. Hell, let's get crazy and say she should have respected her daughter's marriage, even if Bridget hadn't asked her too, especially given the past. But she just had to bonk two people while they were married to Bridget.

I honestly wonder how some of these actors play their part with a straight face. It has to be really hard. As much as I've come to dislike Brooke (at times) I have to give KKL props for doing her job well despite such bad material. She never Burton's out and she's on a LOT and has to deliver some of the worst lines, but she soldiers on. The same goes for many of the cast, but I think KKL has been doing it the longest. It amazes me that she has stuck around so long without starting to phone it in or look bored out of her mind.

I also think Jennifer G has been a really good sport this week. Those scenes were pure camp and I think she did OK with it.

• Members

Gonna go out on a limb here and say I don't care whether it is morally acceptable or not IRL. This is a soap, one of the campiest on the air, and as far as I'm concerned, I am rooting for Rick & Taylor!

B&B has a treasure in Alley Mills. Jennifer Gareis has also been working hard. Can't be easy playing a figure of ridicule. "Serious" actors on a show like GH would never let a spray tan scene like Tuesday's hit the air for a start.

Archived