"I Hate Todd"

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The biggest thing for me is that Trevor isn't phoning in his scenes. I couldn't stand to look at Todd since Trevor looked so damn bored for two years straight. Now he's playing Todd as if he finally gives a damn and that's good enough for me.

Todd is not suppose to be sweet, he's not suppose to be charming and because of that that "thing" with Evangeline damn near ruined him. Higley never got the real Todd and she decimated the character. I hated Cole and Markko's beat down and that Langston slap with every fiber of my being but at least the character invokes passion and that's a hell of a lot more I could say for wimpy PODD.

• Members

I think the scenes are incredible and that what TSJ is doing is pure Todd. I've been watching since 1993 and this monstrous guy is the same as he was in his darkest moments. No, it's not nice but it's great TV.

• Members

@Popstarboy

I think we were separated at birth. I swear to God, everything you wrote I would've said exactly the same. In fact, I thought I wrote that post until I realized I wasn't online at 9:06 p.m. LOL.

Anytime new characters replace beloved, strong characters like Roger, people will always have a problem with it. And the way they explained the character change was so lame, I couldn't help but be against Trevor too. But he's since won me over. Especially last year, during the scene when he received the lethal injection. Or any scene with Renee. Those two never should be together for the sake of Todd's persona and congruity, but I think anyone who enjoys Todd's character wants to see him strive to be good. Still, he'll never be so, which makes him such an anti-soap-opera-villain caricature. He has layers. Slapping Langston is what he would do. He's scary. It's about time a writer brought him over the edge again.

Even in little instances, when Trevor's conversing with Erica in a scene, he does these subtle realistic things in his responses or his delicious nonchalance. I love what Trevor's doing. I hope he's recognized by his peers soon.

• Members

I agree about Starr - however Starr is who her parents made her. She is a selfish stuck up whinny spoiled brat who does what she wants when she wants how she wants. They have let her do it for 16 years - maybe they should have decided to be a parent to her then instead of now.

I also see where todd was coming from and why he beat up Cole, however he took it TOO FAR, IMHO, for nothing to happen to him because of it. It doesnt help that he beat up another teen age CHILD the day before, alsmot beat starr, verbaly abused langston, and then almost beat her as well.

I agree. (except about KA acting...)

I also LOVE TSJ in the role. He is a much better actor than RH is. I think he would be great if they took todd back to his dark edgy ways.

• Members

See, I think if St. John did the typical "Todd" thing during that scene, then his character wouldn't have lasted as long as it has. He was about to die for goodness sakes lol. They're evil, but they're men. That's also why Victor worked for so long at Y&R. He's done despicable greedy things but he's also shown compassion and has the ability to love. Those are always the best villains.

I skipped out on a lot of OLTL during the early 2000s because I got hooked to ATWT and I was really young when Roger first came on the scene so my memory of him is not as good as some of you guys. But I still think Trevor's fascinating and doing the Todd character justice. There's never a dull moment with him. He steals every scene he's in, in my book.

• Members

The incessant crying he did in those scenes were nauseating. They were so unlike Todd it ruined the emotional impact the scenes should have had if he were in character. I know he was on death row but Todd would have been defiant rather than the weeping mess he became under Higley's reign of terror.

I wasn't surprised when he wasn't nominated for that storyline since I hated Trevor's hammy acting.

Archived