4 Minutes To Save The World

Noel

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think it's kinda catchy and I think Justin Timberlake did a great job with the song. Madonna hasn't done a duet since Britney Spears and I think it will grab attention to a lot of the mainstream music listeners. To my understanding from another DJ, Madonna's music isn't so much radio-based anymore. This song will probably change that hopefully because I miss listening to Madonna on the radio. And no, I'm not talking about those radio stations where they play light adult contemporary music and you hear her songs like 'Borderline' or 'Take A Bow'. :lol:

• Members

Yep- I was like that when I first heard Music, but then all of a sudden, I played the hell out of that song! I love this board and I love all you guys too who pay attention and go to the Off-Topic Lounge Forum because this forum needs a lotta love! Hopefully, we'll interact more down here because I think there's more to discuss than just soap-operas LOL!

• Members

Awww..you guys are so sweet! :) I'm in one of those emotional moods today. And you can blame MySpace for that. LOL! All of these people that I haven't talken to in over 10 years have discovered that I'm still alive!!! It's weird, but it's made me all sentimental inside. :lol:

• Members

Wow this worries me. The Sun, which usually with their Madonna pre-release reviews are way too complimentary (their Confessiosn review was almsot ridiculous--Isaac got 11/10 stars etc) sound iffy for once...

The songs

Candy Store

4 Minutes

Give It 2 Me

Heartbeat

Miles Away

She’s Not Me

Incredible

Beat Goes On

Dance Tonight

Spanish Lesson

Devil

Voices

MADONNA fans’ mouths have been watering for months in anticipation of new album Hard Candy.

And I’ve got an exclusive track-by-track rundown to whet their appetites ahead of its release next month.

The Chameleon Of Pop has chosen an edgy, urban feel for her latest reinvention.

She has come in for criticism for jumping on the R&B bandwagon and collaborating heavily with TIMBALAND, JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE and PHARRELL WILLIAMS.

And her new material may appeal more to fans of the hip-hop trio than old-school Madonna devotees.

Despite a few tasty treats, I’m not sure rap was the right direction for a singer approaching her fifth decade.

Album opener Candy Store is Madge’s favourite track and I’m assured that it – and not the Hard Candy make-up brand – was the inspiration for the album’s title.

Pharrell’s fingerprints are all over this song and I reckon it will be a future hit. Madge was keen for Candy Store to be the first single but that honour went to the album’s second track, 4 Minutes, to be released later this month.

In this up-tempo number, previously called 4 Minutes To Save The World, she exchanges dialogue with Timberlake and Timbaland for, as the title suggests, exactly 240 seconds.

It’s back to Pharrell for third track Give It 2 Me, which has his trademark funky sound.

Next up is Heartbeat, which marks a departure of style with a heavily 1980s-influenced sound. The catchy tune is one of the few tracks that should please Madge’s pop purists. It has echoes of her No1 smash Hung Up and could be the album’s biggest hit.

Track five, Miles Away, goes back to her new urban sound.

Advertisement

She’s Not Me has the album’s most controversial lyrics and sounds like Madge’s response to ROBBIE WILLIAMS’ track She’s Madonna. Rob’s 2007 tune was about Madge’s hubby GUY RITCHIE picking her over Robbie’s TV presenter ex TANIA STRECKER. In She’s Not Me, Madge sings: “She can love you in the shower” but “she doesn’t have my name”.

The superstar is clearly in no doubt her fella made the right decision. Incredible is the third of the Pharrell productions and has some sexual lyrics – but unfortunately, the track doesn’t live up to its name.

Beat Goes On features more America rap royalty, KANYE WEST, but it’s not up there with Madge’s best.

Dance Tonight is a duet with JT with worthy lyrics about doing our bit for charity. On Spanish Lesson, Madge tries out her multilingual skills – which might have been better left in the classroom.

Devil is a reworked mid-tempo outtake from her last album, Confessions On A Dance Floor.

The album wraps up with Voices – its deepest track. It has lyrics about the “master and slave” and is about people being slaves to their egos.

Hard Candy is out on April 28.

Suck it and see for yourself then.

• Members

"nk it's kinda catchy and I think Justin Timberlake did a great job with the song. Madonna hasn't done a duet since Britney Spears and I think it will grab attention to a lot of the mainstream music listeners. To my understanding from another DJ, Madonna's music isn't so much radio-based anymore. This song will probably change that hopefully because I miss listening to Madonna on the radio. And no, I'm not talking about those radio stations where they play light adult contemporary music and you hear her songs like 'Borderline' or 'Take A Bow'."

That's spot on--in the US she hasn't really had a huge radio hit since Don't Tell Me--even Hung Up was seen as a hit but in the US didn't get tons of radio play all things considered... And it's no secret Madonna--despite living in England and having a posh fake accent (God I love her lol) craves huge mainstream US success... I hope this works despite being iffy on the song...

(Let's just wipe from our minds the fac tthat in November Duran Duran had a MASSIVE and expensive flop, one that led to one of their bandmates leaving he was so against being shoehorned by Timbaland--with their CD done with Timberlake and Timbaland)

E

• Members

^^Timbaland's protege, Danjah (or whatever), was responsible for the Duran Duran album. And it didn't really flop..it just didn't meet their expectations. Danjah (am I even getting the name speling right?) was also involved with the Britney Blackout album. :D

As for "4MTSTW", it's ok. :) I've heard better, but I've heard worse. I'd listen to it on the radio, but I wouldn't declare it my favorite song.

Archived