4 Minutes To Save The World

Noel

• Members

I was trying to rile people up with the Duran Duran comment of course--I'm a big fan of them but they haven't had the sustained success Madonna has--more like several comebacks. Still as a fan it was disappointing what happened--the WHOLE original line up joined together for the first time since the mid 80s for Astronaut--an album that also recaptured much of their 80s sound, had 3 successful singles and while not a huge mainstream success, became a sort of second comeback for them (after their 90s Ordinary World shortlived return) - particularly in England and led to a hugely successful arena tour.

Then, because a followup had largely been started but then was scrapped in favour of going up with Timbaland, Andy Taylor angrily elft the band... It was also reported that they paid a LOT for his servies and were not given free reign.

Danja (Nata Hills) who actually I think I did some great work on Britney's album sound wise--and I hope Timbaland is working *with* on Madonna's album cuz frankly much of Timbaland's solo stuff is less interesting (it's not big surprise that a great song liek Nelly's Say it Right gave Danja co production credit) did do the majority of the album but 3 tracks were done with Timbaland including the planned second single which was one of two done with Timberlake. The lead single though was all produced by Timberlake, Falling Down, which had a great video and was a huge flop--causing that second single, to now be indefinetly postponed (ouch)--it is, to be fair, one of the best tracks (Nite Runner--with Timberlake and Timbaland). There is hope that when that single finally comes out it will sell the album more as it sounds more like the rest of the cd.

I dunno, as a huge fan of the boys I think the album actually is pretty good, but it doesn't feel like Duran Duran to me (still I'd rate it higher than some of their dabbling in R&B in the late 80s--Notorious the song aside...). So I find it disappointing as Timbaland and Danja don't seem to even try to fit into their sound. And I think you can't argue that by Duran Duran standards, *so far* it's been a huge flop, especially comign after a sorta comeback ...

"For the week of November 19th, Red Carpet Massacre debuted at #36 on the U.S. Billboard 200 chart, selling about 29,000 copies in its first week.[4] However, the following week the album fell to #116. For the week of November 26th, the album debuted at #44 in the UK, becoming the 2nd poorest UK Chart entry in the band's career. As of February 15th, 2008, the album has moved to 61,000 copies sold in the U.S.[5]. The album spent only 3 consecutive weeks in the Billboard 200 chart.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, Jack! Either you like it or you don't. Now what's it gonna be? And tell the truth! :P:lol:

I'm just kidding with you. Did you guys hear about Madonna's 16 minute speech at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame?

• Members

She still looks great in my opinion. I thought it was funny when I heard that she had Justin Timberlake at one time drop his drawers and she injected him with a shot of B12. And during her speech, I couldn't tell any fake British accent. :D

Archived