GL: Week of February 9th

• Members

I just saw Monday's episode and thought that it was very exciting. There was so much going on what with Gus helping Olivia because of Natalia's insecure flaws, Josh finding out that Will was released from his new school because of Cassie, Lizzie realizing that Bill was the one who tipped off Alan, Jonathan pulling a gun on Alan after Rick is arrested and Beth's water breaking!

This seems to be the start of what could be a watchable week. I also thought that the sets (the ones that weren't shot on location with a handicam) looked very nice. Most notably Alan's beach house. It was very tropical and luxurious.

Come on DK/EW, keep up this good pace! I'm crossing my fingers.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Once again, the sets that were shot on handicam need to be done better. The sound quality is poor especially the part where Jonathan and Josh sounded like two drunk fraternity guys looking for a secret beer stash. And where are they at exactly? Don't tell me that's the kitchen in the Spaulding Mansion....

Natalia erasing Olivia's message on Gus' phone and locking her up in the bathroom at the Bauer Cabin. I love Crystal Chappell. She can work magic no matter what kind of terds are being thrown at her writing wise.

Bill has a place and is asking for Lizzie to move in with him?

I love the Cheerios commercials. Kinda cute.

• Members

Today's episode wasn't as fast paced as Monday's but it was still good. I really loved it when Cassie confronted Reva, Jeffery, and Josh about them trying to take Will away from her. It was even better to see The Slut of Springfield get pushed down to a pew in church.

Another highlight was Will packing Josh's things and explaining to Daisy that he's going to be leaving very soon. Is Daisy really that naieve to not think that this little boy is really a hell raising demon?

• Members

Today was suprisingly good for a change with the Alan/Jonathan blowout. I'm glad that Lizzie put two and two together and found Jonathan. Howevr, I'm not happy with this version of Alan Spaulding the cartoonish villian like Alistair Crane of the Crane family on Passions.

Weird to see Leah and Jude in the Bauer kitchen when Jude should be older than Leah the teenager. :rolleyes: However, it was really nice to see Lillian make comment that it's nice to have another Bauer. And naming the daughter after Bert was also nice, but will the name still stay since Reva told Alan that he's the father of the baby during the christening? Nice cliffhanger compared to the usual repetitive music montages in the end...

• Members

The Bauer house scenes fell flat with me because of the overgrown toddler Leah. I will never accept Leah being older than her big brother and everyone that was born before her. :angry: The rest of the show was decent and I cannot wait to see the fall out of the baby reveal.

• Members

Today's episode was really exciting. This whole week has been very good. Even though people keep commenting on how bad the sets were, I thought the Bauer home looked very cozy. It's nice to see Rick and Beth in a front burner storyplot. What an ending! I didn't expect Reva to blurt out that the baby belongs to Alan and not Rick's. You have to feel bad for him. You have to give DK some credit for bringing up history via Bertha.

Tomorrow's episode looks a little bit slower but...that could make for some good acting.

• Members

Got to watch GL for the first time in ages today...and it was surprisingly good.

- Nicole Forester was working it...I'm with Cassie. I would be *pissed off* at Josh & Reva, too.

- Beth's stupid. Just because Alan is the biological father automatically gives him the right to see his daughter?..ahh..I am soo sick of this biology = natural rights/good parents dichotomy they always seem to have on soaps! Exactly why I think Josh & Reva are idiotics who put morals (especially Josh) above anything else..

- I kinda like Harley & Cyrus. :unsure:

- Lizzie & Jonathan are tolerable but I DO NOT wanna see these two hook up again.

• Members

GL has been on fire this whole week. Each episode has been exciting. Today's ending was what really got me hooked. That was so sad that she had to find out that way. What an altimatum to Natalia, give me your husband and I'll forgive you for ruining my chance to survive. Keep it up GL! That's what we need is more fast paced story plots with villains and vixens. (I.E. Alan and Olivia)

• Members

Well honestly, after watching a SUPER fantastic episode of DAYS where it left an awesome cliffhanger, it was a BIG disappointment to see Guiding Light after watching DAYS. I don't understand Olivia and her neediness to Gus. I don't understand Natalia for feeling sorry for what she did to Olivia after Olivia is trying to be the catalyst between her and Gus. I don't understand Olivia wanting to sleep with all the men in town and to have these desired relationships.

I'll try to watch it more, but like I said before- I don't watch it out of pure enjoyment anymore. Instead, it's just obligation because I just feel sorry for it.

• Members

why did they have Tammy and Sarah's memorial service a year after they died

how did Alan kill Tammy? Jon keeps saying that but he wasnt involved with the accident was he?

Josh is a pastor? WTF?

Marina is a detective?

Why is Harley's daughter going by the name Daisy? When she was last on the show, her name was Susan as that was what shewas raised as. Why they sudden name change?

• Members

I guess to remember the both of them because the one year was approaching. Now, I guess that since Sarah is alive, it will now be a yearly Tammy memorial. Hopefully not.

To be honest, I wasn't watching Guiding Light at all during this time, so this is a good question. All I know is that Alan was shot and Josh was arrested and sent to prison or something. The one who shot Alan was Ashlee Wolfe.

Don't ask. That whole stoyline is just embarrassing.

Yeah. That's embarrassing too.

Because Ellen Wheeler likes to change things around, because you know, Guiding Light has such a deep history and all. Her name was Daisy when Dinah helped Harley give birth, but Harley she gave Daisy away up for adoption. Jim Lemay and his wife adopted Daisy and changed her name to Susan. Susan's mother died and she wanted to know more of her biological mother and that's where YOU saw Susan last. Jim also died during a fire, so that leaves Susan/Daisy back with her biological parents Harley and Dylan.

Archived