Lipstick Jungle: Discussion Thread

Noel

• Members

lipstick-jungle-cast.jpg

Lipstick Jungle

Based on the best-selling book by Candace Bushnell ("Sex and the City"), this sexy new drama follows three high-powered friends as they weather the ups and downs of lives lived at the top of their game.

Movie exec Wendy (Brooke Shields, "Suddenly Susan") does everything she can to balance career and family. Nico (Kim Raver, "24"), editor-in-chief of a hot fashion magazine, has her eye on becoming CEO. And free-spirited designer Victory (Lindsay Price, "Beverly Hills, 90210") longs to make her dreams come true, and maybe find "Mr. Right" along the way.

Armed with humor and strength, these three modern New York women support one another through the triumphs and tears that are all part of making it big in the Big Apple. Also starring are Andrew McCarthy ("Joy Luck Club"), Julian Sands ("24"), David Alan Basche ("United 93"), David Norona ("Frasier"), Paul Blackthorne ("Big Shots"), and Robert Buckley ("Fashion House")

The series is executive produced by Oliver Goldstick ("Ugly Betty"), Timothy Busfield (NBC's "The West Wing") and Bushnell. Based on the book by Bushnell, "Lipstick Jungle" is from Universal Media Studios. The pilot is directed by Gary Winick ("13 Going on 30").

Source: nbc

Discuss your thoughts. I think this might be a pretty interesting show.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Haha, I know. Strange title. But another great episode of Thursday. Nico's affair is HOT, haha. I love Lindsey Price's character, Victory. And I think that was Claudia (Nash's ex-girlfriend) who was on last week's episode as the assistant who stole Victory's designs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Canceled! Unbelievable! This was a GREAT show with excellent acting from Raver, Price, and Shields. I was REALLY getting into this season too! The appearance from Rosanna Arquette was great too. Brooke Shields is telling some people the show isn't canceled, but with the bad ratings and all that we've heard, it's as good as gone. And since NBC went and canceled Las Vegas on me, there is no other shows on NBC worth watching for me, at least for now.

• 1 month later...

Archived