Days: Monday, Jan.28

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I tell you one thing- Marlena is becoming one fierce bitch with Stefano. Bo/Hope/Abe/Roman/John are on too, so I hope this will be a good show! And so are Kayla and Steve!

I'm not minding this sorority storyline. This ought to be good because it seems that Chelsea is going to tell Ford's father what happend to his son. A part of me doubts it. Oh my God! She is coming clean wth it!

Gag! John trying to flirt with Nurse Judy.

Here's another John flashback of Stefano telling John the name of the object of who he's suppose to go after.... (I'm thinking Colleen Brady because Stefano said this person is in Europe)

No Sami/EJ today! What a wonderful World!

• Members

Marlena has been the brightest part of the show for me lately. Mainly because we get to see this dark side of her, and yet there's no cheesy "out" for it. No demon in her body, no mind control caused by Tony/Andre. It's simply a woman who's been driven to the brink by a man who has tortured her emotionally and mentally for years and years. She reached her breaking point when John was taken from her, and now she's fearless. She is now what Stefano has made her, and that's the beautiful irony of it all. By bringing her to this place, Hogan was able to turn Marlena into the "bad girl" that JER always wished he could make her, yet he never had the characterization/writing skills to bring her there naturally and realistically.

People keep saying she's "evil" now, and that's just not the case, IMO. Human beings, even the biggest sweethearts you'll ever meet, have a breaking point. When you're pushed against a wall or your loved ones are threatened, you can be pushed to do things that you ordinarily wouldn't do in order to survive it and make sure your family/loved ones survive it, as well. Marlena has been pushed against a wall, her family has been attacked and threatened, and now she's simply reacting with the animalistic "protect my territory" instinct that lives inside all of us. Finally -- finally -- we're seeing it brought out in her in a realistic and fascinating way!

I watched all four clips, but I only watched the Marlena/Stefano scenes. I'm truly not interested in any of the rest. I've soured on this show in record time, and I only wanted to see the Marlena/Stefano material for Deidre and Joe, alone.

I'm not looking forward to hearing Stefano's cheesy inner monologues in the weeks/months to come, as I'm sure we'll have plenty of them.

Anyway, the dialogue for these scenes was actually great! After Stefano finally gave in to the drug, she leaned in and whispered, "I know you can hear me." It reminded me so much of Vivian years ago as she stood over Carly's seemingly dead body with the thick black veil covering her face as she said with a sadistic whisper, "I know you can hear me..."

Who noticed the POSSESSION music?! It started at 7:15 in the third clip and I instantly recognized it. We had the banging piano as well as the creepy flute. Sixteen seconds of background music perfection!

My favorite line, which was written so beautifully...

"You will try desperately to cry out to them, to tell them that you're there. You can hear, and you can see, and you can think. But nothing will come out of your mouth. Your fingers won't work. Your toes won't work. You're going to spend the rest of your long life trapped inside that flesh-covered jail."

DAMN!! Can you imagine?! Makes me chlaustrophobic just thinking about it!

This scene is an instant classic, and will go down forever as one of the all-time best Stefano/Marlena scenes in Days history, IMO.

• Members

Exactly. She's not evil. She's human. She lacks the patience she had in the past few years to wait for the bad people to lose by just beliving in the good. She did that, saw what happened and she's done. She won't take it anymore. And I love that Stefano underestimated her. God, I love that! Marlena has always been the person who could outsmart Stefano.

Oh dollface, I just wanna hug you. And also say I told ya'll so. But I won't.

I've been saying for years that all DH needs is the camera pointed at her, something to do and she will bring magic to the screen. The kind of acting that spellbinds you, it makes it seem like you're in that very room with her. And the camera hasen't been pointed towards her with her in focus since 2004, and she did that then too.

• Administrator

Because JER never wanted to do it that way. By going the unrealistic route, JER was able to garner more press and more discussion. Sure what Hogan did to Marlena was brilliant, but it's no where getting the press or talk that JER was able to achieve.

I'm not looking forward to it either. I already got tired of it by the time the show ended.

You know I did! I always love hearing that music. :)

• Members

This episode was amazing. It was freaking INTENSE, and the camera work only amplified it. I don't think I've seen an episode that got this much of my undivided attention in a decade, if not longer. Even the music was awesome. The detective scenes were totally there as a breather, whether they meant for that or not.

• Members

I agree. The Belle/Shawn/Chloe/Philip stuff felt out of place. I feel like we missed a scene or two of them all going there to see her. It felt like after 9/11 when they edited out alot of stuff with Brady/Nicole/Victor/Chloe, including the plane crash. Good to see them involved but it felt random. I am excited as we are now shifting gears to Ireland. I think they just stuck that in as setup and perhaps this was all part of the re-writes due to Shelle leaving.

I couldn't agree more about Dee. Dee played this much like the SSK reveal episode where she tortured "Tony" before killing him. Loved it and I don't mind her not mentioning Steve and Kayla. She mentioned immediate family and Bo and Hope is more family to her then they are. Those scenes were dynamite and loved the way she snickered and took so much enjoyment in it at times. The way she told the guard he had a stroke with so much glee was hilarious.

The Ford reveal scenes were good too. Loved Ford's dad and the actor. Everyone did a good job and nice editing job with the flashbacks and reaction shots. Glad to see this story moving.

I didn't get the Desiree thing really. The only think I could think of is they came across that name during the investigation when they checked out flight records and so on and it just rang a bell so they figured out where Crystal was. Good to see Hope back in the mix. Loved the investigation scenes and her welcome back. I have come to really like Rob.

Loved that J&M scene at the end too and John flirting with the nurses. The flashbacks with John and Stefano were much better. They just better forget the disk [!@#$%^&*] and leave it to stuff like this.

I will definitely watch this again tomorrow :lol:. Much better start to the week and better then all of last week

• Members

Once again, Deidre Hall has proven why she is THE STAR of Days! I am sorry, hands down, Deidre was just phenomenal today. She just has that "it" factor about her. Deidre just makes you feel exactly what she feels whenever she is on the screen. Deidre can convey so much without even saying a word, just from her facial expressions alone! Now put that with the superb dialogue from today and her perfect delivery of every line and you may finally have a long overdue emmy win for her (if those emmy snobs would get their head out of their a** but I digress). I am sorry but Deidre is once again Days' only shot of not being cancelled. She is definitely their cash cow and they have used her time and time again (in storylines of course) to woo back advertisers and get a ratings rise. If anyone can do it she can. Now I wish Deidre would use her clout at DAYS to save Martha, Brandon, and Lauren. I can't imagine Days being the same without them. Kate was DAYS only bad bitch (now that Sami is good...excuse me while I puke) and now this show will be bitchless! You can't have a soap without a diva bitch! As for Shawn and Belle, how can you axe the children of the two main supercouples on the show?? Once again, I digress...oh...yes...the show...

Loved the pub scenes as well. I guess that is why they had Stephanie reveal her rape in that public place..so that it can lead to todays show with Decker finding out about is dead rapist son. This is going to get interesting.

I actually didn't get the interrogation scenes. First Rob was acting all uncoperative then all of a sudden he is cooperating? What the heck?? And then they are letting Shawn off the hook for beating up that guy? This favoritism crap at the station gets on my nerves. Bo was the same one a few months ago telling Roman that he wanted Shawn to be treated like he would treat another rookie. Uggggggh! Sometimes the Brady clan just gets on my nerves. About Hope being on the force, I actually thought she went back a long time ago. She was always playing co-detective with Bo. So you mean to tell me that all the other times she was on a stake out or some investigation with Bo, it was as some civilian? Aren't there rules against that? Once again, those darn Brady's and their rule bending!!

Anyway, I give todays show an A!

• Members

I'm finally watching yesterdays show, as i went to a taping of the Chelsea Handler show in LA yesterday and got home late..But wow Deidre Hall is rocking this material and her dialog is incredible..I've got to hand it to the scabs or whoever is writing, great stuff..Loved Marlena taunting Stefano and saying "this is the most sane i've ever been"...I'm loving seeing Deidre Hall at the forefront of the show where she belongs..

I'll post more when i'm done..

• Members

Holy Crap, that scene where Marlena finally injected Stefano with the drug was fantastic..Loved her saying this is for Shawn, Caroline, Roman, my twins, Bo, Hope, herself, and the last drop for John..The music in those scenes is wonderful, and just makes the scenes so intense..

Oh and the Ford Decker reveal is going great, Rachel Melvin is so talented..I'm glad this is out in the open...

Archived