2008: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

an average scriptwriter speaks to the EP about once a year... at the emmy's.

talks to the head writer once a week... on a conference call with 6 other writers. for about an hour.

all other communication is done through the writers' asst and the editor.

i'm not sure if any scriptwriter i know speaks to the higher ups more than that at least not regularly.

• Members

OMG! Why is that so hard to believe? If Ford's been in the business for nearly 20 years, is it IMPOSSIBLE to believe she might have a slight ego as a lot of artists do? Damn, I work in a coffee house and people who only started there several months ago are already "demanding" vacations and prime morning shifts and weekends off and they haven't even made it a year with the coffee shop yet. It happens!

I've also heard rumors that Ford's rather conservative and doesn't enjoy writing outside the box.

• Administrator

Well, the reasons I posted.......and there's Soaplvr's post too.

I'm sorry Jay, but I gotta call you out on this because it doesn't make any sense and because I know it's false. Jay, I have no reason to believe you with this type of information. :mellow:

That was something ChangedBySON lied/posted in 2007.....and well.....we all know how credible CBySON is. ;)

• Members

Okay, let me see if I can narrow this down just a drop. (I don't even care, but blind items drive me crazy :) ).

Per B&B website, this is the writer/producer subset. Are the two new writers on this list in any capacity?

Archived