2008: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

LOL Okay? I've never heard that. Plus it doesn't make any sense since she's just a script writer and it's the script editors who determine what shows a SW writes - she should know, she used to be a script editor. Plus, she was new to ATWT and OLTL, yet she's going to act all big to the HW and EP? No newbies to a show do that! Plus, she's been in the biz for about 15-16 years. It's hard to believe a veteran writer would do that.

If you're going to spread false information, at least try to make sense. ;)

• Members

The exit of Marc Parent could add something to the theory I put foward last week.

The theory was that in the two week period we have seen Sandra Weintraub write 3 out of 10 scripts and I believe Thom Racina has two scripts coming up next week, the Head Writers may be trying to determine who they believe the stronger writers and who to let go.

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw more exits of Y&R writers in the very near future. Then again, I could be completely wrong. It could be just that Marc Parent's probation period didn't impress. (which, if I'm right could mean Lisa Seidman could be on her way when her cycle runs out. IIRC, didn't she start after MP?). Or they are making room for a new writer.

Archived