GL/ATWT: New Opening Sequences?

• Members

New Opening Sequences?

Does anybody know if the P&G Soaps will be getting a makeover and new theme songs and or opening visuals when the new year comes? If they are going to update their look with their new sets and everything to look like MTV's the Hills, the current openings may not fit very well. I think it would be cool to see GL with something different from the hands thing but if ATWT changes, we would have never seen the alternate versions with other cast members. Change is good though sometimes I guess!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, this can't be happening if the "we're so poor that we're collecting television welfare" spiel from P&G is true. I have come to appreciate the fact that GL's opening reflects the credo of the show, and not an exercise in vanity for the actors. ATWT has criminally excluded many veteran contract players from theirs for months, but I'd scrap performers and the golden haze for good if the globe would turn in space again.

• Members

Maybe GL will resurrect the opening that ran up until the 70th anniversary, the one that used clips from the show mixed with the CBS promo shoots and it was a montage type thing with a blue tinge...it was really nice and didn't run for long enough. That could be updated as I thought the one with the hands was only supposed to run for a year...has it been a year yet?

• Members

I think that they should use a fan opening. There's tons of professional openings that look amazing. One for example is this one:

And with ATWT, just update the character shots. The 6 second black background with no theme is just really dissapointing!

• Members

As far as I'm concerned, slideshows of stills only work for AMC, so I'm not quite on board with that one. But I do agree about fan ingenuity. There's a YouTuber named BigSingh who has kicked ass with amazing credit sequences for ATWT. I'm dying to see his take on an opening montage. See for yourself:

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355">

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355">

">

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Dec 28 2007, 12:02 AM)
Ellen Wheeler said GL will get a new opening for the new year, but it will include elements of the current one. I'm not sure what's going on with ATWT. I think their opening is horrible and it's so odd that it debuted missing half of the cast.

Really!! I'll take anything over the hairy arms opening.

The only thing I like about the ATWT one is the music, there's something about it that I just love.

Archived