November 26-30, 2007

Toups

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

S-H-I-T! Those ratings are horrible across the board! :o

Glad B&B held steady though, they deserved it!

I believe Y&R ties its low with this rating, it hit 3.9 before, I think it was August. How sad is it that 3 soaps tie for #5 spot? I guess this is more reason why Latham won't be back after the strike ends. :)

• Members

Wow , well all the soaps look pretty dismal from these ratings. GL lost me with the Josh/Cassie pairing, the Ashlee and Coop debacle, the Reva stuff, DOOL started to get me back until I saw all the Colleen/Santo stuff so now I only watch OLTL

so I can only comment on that one

i know that last week I found the show boring( last week) in comparison to the week prior and to this week, It was just way too much of Marty and Cole and John and Lee in Ireland ( I just didn't care that entire plot line came out of no where, there was no build up at all for me to care) The Buchanan Texas stuff went on way too long for me for a will reading it turned into 4 weeks lol) I do not have any interest in Jared and what he is doing to Renee, Nigel and Nat is just making it worse for me.

This week though I found myself watching most of the show so I do see why last week was so low for oltl(although to be honest I don't think it matters what any of the soaps are doing right now, these ratings just seem to be what they are and I really do just think it is the genre)

• Members

I don't watch all of Days, but there is enough of it that it good that I still tune in. OLTL is great for the people who are watching it. I'm not one of them, but the folks who watch it love it. It became a waste of my time and I had watched it for year. It's one of those shows that has decided it won't write something for everyone and instead write for a few who are vocal.

Y&R is really disappointing. I keep it on the DVR, but it's only worth spending about 30 minutes a week on.

One of the pleasures of this thread is the picture of Cristian Bales on Lskreet's post.

• Members

I wouldn't say OLTL just decided to write for a few vocal ones: it was ignoring many fans, even vocal ones, for years. Now that they are paying some attention to those fans (Viki gets a love interest after almost seven years. Nora gets a new love interest and moderate screen time.) they are alienating newer viewers. Evangeline is gone, and Layla is barely connected to anyone on canvas. It can be even harder on the Tangeline fans to see Todd and Blair round 5000. Even hardcore John fans are less than thrilled with his intended pairing. Fans who enjoyed Margaret or Spencer are finding the new stories slow to start and rather dull.

Archived