McTavish to Y&R

• Members

From the DR( don't know it this has been posted here or not)

OH my God I hope this is not true.

This was told to me by an online friend of mine who works in the soap business as an intern. I cannot tell you which show but it is associated with CBS. I have always told her I would not tell. She does not give me any scoops as she is afraid she will lose her job. But anyway she did share this with me and told me I could tell it.

Guess who has been rumored to be in meetings with Y&R for a head writing position.

Megan McTavish

God help us if it is true.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This "rumor" can't be true...

As a member of the WGA, McTavish is on strike, which means the network's/studios can't employ her unless she leaves the union. Also, she's forbidden from these "talks" for future employment as a writer on television because of the strike.

With widespread rumors of LML being fired, stupid rumors like this were bound to happen. As far as I know, McTavish is still apart of the WGA, so that kills the rumor right there.

• Members

In some ways, it seems like McTavish is already writing Y&R. LLM has repeated a lot of the work that Mctrash did. For instance, the storyline of Jana being bad because of a brain tumor...Jonathan on AMC had his "bad" cut out of him (brain tumor). Victoria being pregnant and in a coma...Kendall...a hearing/disagreement about whether to save the baby or the mother...Ryan vs. Zach. A preemie being delivered by c-section with the mother in coma...again Kendall/Spike. The collapse of the garage and characters being trapped...the explosion on AMC. It really seems like LLM is either a huge fan of Mctrash and AMC or she really is consulting or working on Y&R.

• Members

I concur with Y&RWorldturner, this "rumor" cannot be true, it just cannot. Not only does it go against WGA rules but it would also go against the laws of business and common sense. McTavish creatively decimated AMC into the worst ratings in its history. Sony/Bell/CBS would be wishing Y&R death to hire McTavish and the death of Y&R is the last thing CBS wants, it is the anchor of the network's daytime lineup, without Y&R as a lead in CBS Daytime is dead. McTavish is a soap murderess and is widely detested in the industry, especially by the actors.

Hopefully the theory that Kay Alden was brought onto B&B so that she was in the Bell fold with an imminent return to Y&R are accurate. Y&R needs Kay Alden, it really is that simple.

• Members

McTavish, in my opinion, would be better than LML since she has had good streaks on soaps (GL in the 80s, AMC from 1987-1995: I do not believe that Felicia Minei Behr and Agnes Nixon were the sole driving forces. I feel McT came up with her own stories and those two just guided her but she made the effort and created storylines....and, for the most part, 2003-2007 on AMC was good to me and McT wrote a lot of good stories despite the unabortion and other flops).

LML has not had any good anywhere.

Archived