AMC: Recent history is totally rewritten ( spolier)

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think you nailed it, Khan - Over on GL, they're doing a storyline that for the life of me I can't remember ever seeing on one of my soaps - They've given a main character a congenital heart disease that will likely kill her. The fabulous Crystal Chappell is just the one to play the dying woman - they are giving it the reality of what goes through a person's head when they get hit with news like that, and the slim-to-none chances of survival. It's a quiet storyline - a sad one - they're mostly keeping it in her head right now while she comes to terms with it. People out here in real life deal with that kind of thing all the time. Frankly, I'm pretty shocked that GL could come up with a storyline that is so relatable, but I'm really looking forward to watching it with none of the sweeps stunts.

TPTB just keep trying to one-up each other with the most ridiculous ideas that they end up driving viewers away. They don't know how to develop characters' CHARACTER. Then when they realize they screwed up, they scramble and WE suffer through things like this.

I've been watching soaps for almost 30 years. I've learned to suspend disbelief and just "go with it" for entertainment's sake, but at some point enough is enough. B&E screwed up GL 10 years ago, now they're doing it to AMC. I just don't get why they were hired in the first place.

And who came up with this lame re-write? A scab writer? Or was it already in place before the strike?

Archived