AMC: Recent history is totally rewritten ( spolier)

• Members

So all of this drama was just for nothing? I suggested this to my mom one time, I could see them do this to "repair" Greenlee/Kendall's friendship, but I'm sure Kendall won't be able to get over the accident, as she shouldn't. But still, this isn't going to help AMC get any better.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

JR's accident with Kendall was a shocking story twist (that worked very well for the ratings) that was IMO to further redeem Babe from the kidnapping and further give her the upper hand over JR. JR and Kendall's friendship a casualty from the Babe the kidnapper propping era. All kidnappers should move to Pine Valley, their's some type of vortex there, lol. The Greenlee thing was just unnecessary as Greenlee was already a hateful character and Zach and Kendall didn't need propping and there was many ways you could have gotten the same or a similiar children-in-danger story going.

I ask one (or several) thing(s), why didn't Dumb and Dumber just NOT WRITE the woman to kidnap her friend's child after she saw her going into premature labor? Why did Dumb and Dumber just NOT WRITE Ian's birth on top of Spike's tragedy as a result of Greenlee's actions. Why?

Because clearly they want Greenlee to be the victim, heroine in this story and aren't going to stop until it's drilled into everybody's head. So why did they go there? It's insulting to me for them to do all that and then write a story that going on for 3 months now is about how Greenlee is the real true victim and hero and everybody else is being petty, evul bastards...when the woman wouldn't even confess to what she did to the people who count (Kendall had to force out a half-a** one, and the cops, who?).

Personally, I would have been happier if the story I was getting now was Ian's birth, with Hannah or Adam interfering, instead of Greenlee's 18th hole of redemption. But it doesn't seem like B&E can write anything other than gloomy, dark, fug, extreme story.

I don't know why they didn't just go all the way and re-write that Greenlee had a nightmare after making a grocery stop for Spike. She was traumatized by the nightmare and got into an accident just when she was about to head on to the hospital - no kidnapping. Go all the way with it. They've already whitewashed the kidnapping so much, that removing the deaf point (one that has been harped on on-screen) will I PREDICT have all of Pine Valley apologizing to Greenlee and kissing her ring despite the fact that she did kidnap a child and that almost led two children dying and a wrecked family. I'm not saying Greenlee is the only chatracter that ever did a bad thing and that she deserves to fry, I'm saying do not sell me this type of s**t as real redemption. Real redemption is JR taking responsibility and going to jail this week. Real responsibility is feeling sorry that you hurt other people, really taking into mind how you destroyed their lives (Kendall has done more of that in a few weeks than Greenlee has done in all the months of her redemption story), not just feeling sorry for yourself.

• Members

Obviously, B&E's attempts at making Greenlee the victim and innocent in this storyline isn't working. AMC's ratings have never been this low before. I think this storyline could have worked though. Greenlee did kidnap Spike and she was responsible for the damage done to him and for Kendall's premature labor. Her character could have been actually been redeemed more realistically. Let everyone be angry with her, have her own up to what she did and actually pay some kind of price for her actions. Heck, put her in jail for a month for wreckless driving, fire her from Fusion...something. Let the character of Greenlee slowly realize her mistakes and change. And build up Aidan/Greenlee from there. The direction that B&E/Carruthers chose to go has pretty much destroyed every character and the show. And every route they are taking to try and improve it (ie changing this storyline and saying it was nobody's fault that Spike is deaf) has hurt the show more and more.

I have very little hope for AMC right now. Carruthers and B&E need to go. And I agree, the fetus storyline should have been changed or Josh should have just been killed off and never mentioned again.

• Members

The ratings started sinking way before Greenlee's redemption started. Personally, I think it has a lot to do with putting way to much focus on babies. Soaps are still an escape and watching Kendall fret over her kids for four months, isn't that. It's been painfully boring and I'm not just saying that because of my Zendell dislike. It would be equally boring and painful if it were Tad sitting in the hospital for four months crying over Kate and Jenny. At the very least the story took way too long to resolve. This show needs some glamor and romance fast.

• Members

I agree that the focus on babies has hurt the show also. I think Kendall having another baby so soon after Spike was a HUGE mistake and has hurt the character very badly. I think that their are multiple things wrong with AMC. I don't think Zendall is bringing in the ratings. There is too much focus on four or five characters and not enough on the vets. The storyline directions are all very poor. The show is too plot driven. The writing is horrible.

From earlier interviews and even fall previews, B&E seemed to have different ideas about where they wanted to go with the show and some of their spoilers/previews never came to be. I don't know if Carruthers is pushing her agenda or if it is Frons and ABC interferring with the show but whatever or whoever it is, they have ruined AMC. Their idiotic decision making is responsible for the mess that the is in and they need to be fired. I am not entirely convince that it is completely B&E's fault. Carruthers needs to go and does Frons.

• Members

Yeah, I agree. I actually liked Kendell (and most likely will again someday) right up until the point where she got pregnant with Ian. It was just too much overload on the hearts and flowers for me. Soccer mom Kendell is boring and when you add Ryannie to the mix it's particularly infuriating. They could have made Kendell look like a good mom without having her act like Greenlee is a serial killer ready to pounce at every turn and they could have redeemed Greenlee without changing the consequences of her actions. Greenlee has also been on way too much. Don't even get me started on Ryan, who has me rooting for Richie 100%.

I'm really at a loss on how this show can be fixed, but I do think they need to get back to basic balanced drama, instead of some of this over the top stuff they are doing. As it is now, I can't even participate in the daily thread for this show because I don't watch the show until two or three days later, I care that little.

• Members

OMG. Since we are on the spoiler side I assume we can talk openly about this. I am just completely horrified. Does that mean Aiden and Kendall will be locking lips too? Poor Aiden. He was finally looking like a romantic hero and he's going to be screwed over again.

Archived