All: SOD's Best and Worst of's for 2007

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Forget "Best Recast." The fact that AP not only doesn't suck as nuBrad, but that he actually improved as an actor (to the point where many began to overlook that he's really too young for the role) merits being labelled "Soap Miracle of the Decade".

But, at least they're not together anymore. Let us never forget that, lol.

Amen and A. Men.

"Daring" isn't the same as "compelling," though, right?

I know several of you are taking issue w/ ATWT being named Best Show. But check it:

- Y&R, once the hands-down most consistent, if not always most compelling, show, fell entirely from grace this year, thanks to LML's brand of outrageously gimmicky, plot-driven writing. (You might argue Y&R's still better than the other shows; however, ATWT had two things this year that Y&R didn't...and their names are Luke and Noah.)

- AMC and GH, already on the decline, went from proverbial bad to worse.

- So, too, has GL. (If that's even possible, lol.)

- DAYS, OLTL and even B&B have improved lately, but certainly, the former two shows spent much of 2007 either in transition (DAYS), or in the doldrums (OLTL).

- And as for PASSIONS, well, come on. A hermaphroditic blackmailer who might be pregnant by his uncle OR his father?

• Members

Doubtful. I'm convinced the only reason Josh and Cassie are still together is because someone (Wheeler or Kreizman, take your pick) doesn't want him back with Reva.

If you could call it a story. Something that huge, that's dealt with and discussed within a week, looks like it's about to take a huge turn (remember Cane's mysterious phone call?), and then is forgotten entirely, does not a story make.

• Members

Best Family Drama: Noah in the Middle, Y&R

Best Quad: Jasam and Liz/Lucky

Best History ReWrite: Jill learns Cane is her son, Y&R

Worst Rewrite: The Vendetta, Days

Best Recast: Austin Peck, Brad, ATWT

Worst Breakup: John/Natalie OL

Most Shocking Plot twists:Lindsay killed Spencer/Davids A Buchanan, OL

Most Daring Story: Zoe, AMC

Most retread Plot: Brooke/Ridge, B/B

Best Soap Hop: Eileen Davidson: B/B

Most Disappointing Show: GL

Best Show: ATWT

I don't agree with these ones at all. The rest I do agree with so I guess this makes this a pretty good list since I can at least understand their motivation behind these choices and it doesn't seem like they are pimping any shows this year for once.

I guess I can agree with the Vendetta on Days but I was one of the few that actually found enjoyment in that and applauded them for trying something different. I think it may have worked with anyone but Sami and EJ. It was like a romance novel playing out onscreen. I can see why it was awarded this though. It started out great and the middle was total crap but the last few months have been very good. I guess that is why I kind of disagree with this because it did improve as it went along and has provided some fantastic moments.

I think the Noah drama on Y&R wasn't really notable enough to get anything. It didn't feel like a big deal to me and the fact that I feel all characters involved in Noah's life are acting like pods I guess prevents me from agreeing that this deserves any positive recognition. I would've went with B&B for this award because of the Stephanie stuff but I guess that may have happened too late. I have liked some of the Buchanan stuff this year in the aftermath of Asa's death on OLTL so that probably would've been the best choice for me.

Jason/Sam/Lucky/Liz is horrible and all 4 characters have been trashed, although I am enjoying Sam. I don't know what I would've gone with here but not that. Cane as Jill's son was horrible IMO because I feel Cane is a waste and is nothing but another newbie Latham wants to pimp. Peck has been good at ATWT but not worthy of a best recast nod. However, there weren't that many recasts this year so he may win by default. I can't give John and Natalie worst breakup because I have always hated them so that is best breakup for me :lol: . Lindsay doing in Spencer was great but David as a Buchanan was so predictable. I liked it but so many people saw that coming that it wasn't very shocking. Days could've got this for killing John but they got awarded for that elsewhere. I guess I would've left it as Lindsay shooting Spencer because there wasn't much in the way of shocks anywhere this year.

The Zoe story sucked on AMC so I won't go there. Most daring is Noah/Luke/Maddie IMO or maybe even Chad's down low story on Passions. I hated the execution but it was daring. Brooke/Ridge has been done so many times any recognition is gets is ridiculous but the best rethread category is stupid and is one of those that probably is only here for this year so whatever. I am surprised Passions didn't win it for something. I have not liked Eileen's stint on B&B but there is no one else to put there I guess. GL has been disappointing but AMC has been far more so I would go with them. ATWT has improved but the best soap IMO this year is B&B. The past few months have been good enough IMO to award them that title. I'm just glad Y&R or GH didn't get it because at least I can understand why ATWT did get it.

• Members

This is terribly selfish but I would love to read the text for this list or see the scans. I'm lazy.

I think in theory, Lucky/Liz/Jason/Sam was a good quad - I liked Jason for the first time in years and years when he and Liz made Jake last year, and I was never a fan of them before. And I can't stand Sam, and Jason and Sam was unbelievably boring and annoying. And I like the idea of le Jiz together now, but I haven't been watching much, and when I do watch, a quad that could have been gold seems to have done in the worst Guza way; Liz and Jason are made out to be gods, Lucky is ruined further, and so forth. Thereby poisoning the audience to what could have been a couple of sure things, and wrecking a good quad - in theory.

I barely watch Y&R and even I know how much of a waste of time Cane is. Oh, look, we hired the guy from a bad cable sci-fi show, bad but it's on cable so we consider it a step above daytime so you should be impressed that we inverted all our longtime history for this lame actor in this pointless role!

OLTL is getting its just praise, thank goodness. If it keeps it up it better get Best Show next year. I can't get used to my show being good. It's always someone else's show. I keep waiting for the bottom to fall out.

Archived